Blown Fuse in Technics SA-EX140

I saw an earlier post about a busted fuse in a Technics amp but it didn't address my problem: my brother's friend blew out our father's receiver during a party (turned it all the way up before realizing his ipod wasn't plugged in or something) and blew the fuse (I just popped open the cover and found the blown fuse). I want to replace it but I didn't note which way it was oriented in the socket and there's a warning "RISK OF FIRE: REPLACE FUSE AS MARKED" on the circuit board...I'm not an electronics type. If someone could give me some direction on how to orient the replacement fuse...or if it actually matters...that would rock.

Thanks.

Reply to
eth1

The warning refers to the type of fuse used, as in voltage and current and enclosure. Get one with the same characteristics and it can go in any way orientated.

--
Regards ......... Rheilly Phoull
Reply to

Thanks, Rheilly.

I got a 5A fuse and popped it in and it works great...dad almost threw down a few hundred $ on a new amp. phew!

Reply to
eth1