Blow your laptop?

LMMFAO!

Reply to
Bill Degener

If only it would reciprocate.

Reply to
Bill Degener

The idea makes sense for paralyzed people -- but I don't see how a single mic could provide the information needed to accurate localize the intended point.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

This is not new, it's been done before.

Used first when CRT monitors were all the rage, four strain gauges on the base of the monitor would sense where the monitor was being pushed with your finger. (monitor would sit on a box that does the sensing). The calibration procedure would ask to press the four corners of the screen, and values would be interpolated for inbetween positions.

It was intended as an alternative touch screen interface for monitors that did not already come with a touch interface, or would not otherwise lend themselves easily to touch-interfaces.

Making something like that sensitive enough to measure blows is stupid. If you sneeze, you could end up sending those 16 emails to the boss telling them what you REALLY think of them.

If I'm not sounding cynical enough, how about: Snotr. (acronym for Yet Another You-Tube). I saw it on the internet, so it MUST be true.

--
Linux Registered User # 302622
Reply to

No assumption. That's what the video shows.

Perhaps is it _is_ an elaborate joke.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

I'm sure it's bullsh*t.

Reply to
Meat Plow

Probably is. The confusing thing is that it is, in theory, possible.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

Yes but with more than one mic.

Reply to
Meat Plow

Meat Plow wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.alt.net:

I can envision how it could be done using ultrasonic chirped signals from the two speakers to 'image' the face from echos.

The blowing would produce a wide band noise that extends into the ultrasonic region also.

With proper processing and intelligence, it might be possible to locate the 'spot' being targeted through the use of two speakers and one mike.

--
bz

infinite set.

bz+spr@ch100-5.chem.lsu.edu   remove ch100-5 to avoid spam trap
Reply to
bz

That's possible however they didn't really mention speakers and are laptop speakers capable of reproducing ultrasonic sounds? Maybe if they were no more than say 20khz.

Reply to
Meat Plow

As well as all that could it make a difference to the consistency of the blow, being the same strength, pressure, diameter of the lips when blown and duration ?? I am sure all this would make some difference to the result. Justy.

Reply to
Only Just

Reply to
Geoff