Bleeding on lcd monitors (how a tft actually works)

Can someone shed some light on the fact that sometimes lcd monitors fail with a crack, the fluid leaks bit the monitor just continues to work, what is the actual function of the fluid (the actual crystals), better, is there a good website out there explaining the technology behind the lcd panels? I would like to know how the actual panel is made, where is the layer that carries the picture, where is the fluid, how is it held in place...

Bart Bervoets

Reply to
Bart Bervoets

On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 11:00:21 +0200, Bart Bervoets Has Frothed:

COOSN-266-06-25794
Reply to
Meat Plow

AZ Nomad

Right, that says a lot, i just was thinking that in case of a crack, the fluid would leak, but must be such a small amount that it doesn't happen.

Bart Bervoets

Reply to
Bart Bervoets

On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 17:27:11 +0200, Bart Bervoets Has Frothed:

Are not tft and lcd different anyways?

COOSN-266-06-25794
Reply to
Meat Plow

TFT just refers to the driving technology. It stands for Thin Film Transistor, one of which is deposited at each pixel location, I think

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Most google hits were not so clear but the first suggestion answered my curiosity, thanks everybody.

Bart Bervoets

Reply to
Bart Bervoets