Blackberry JVM 523 Error / Reset

I believe that this item below may help out a lot of people who have a Blackberry.

__________________________

I had an error on my Blackberry 8703e. The error message was "JVM 523 Error / reset".

I found out from doing some research and calling the tech support of my telephone company, that this is a known bug with a number of models of the Blackberry. Its occurrence can be random. The cause is suspected to be that the Blackberry is going in to some kind of a loop or hang-up with its Java software.

It may take a fair number of re-sets by removing the battery to get the Blackberry going again. The looping problem has to be re-set.

You can also re-set the Blackberry by pressing the Alt-Num-Del keys as like the Ctrl-Alt-Del keys back in the PC DOS days. You must get the sequence of pressing these keys exactly right, and hold them down for about 6 seconds. This is a warm re-start, not a cold re-start as like removing the battery.

One thing that happens most of the time when the Blackberry is starting up and the error is still present, it will give its regular desktop screen for about 5 to 7 seconds. This is before it shows this error with a full white screen.

A way that sometimes breaks the loop, is that as soon as the desktop screen is present, start alternatively {not together} clicking the "Stop Key" (Red Hang-up Key) and the "Escape Key" (Push Button on the side below the scroll key). This may get the Java program to abort.

A symptom of this problem can show when you start seeing the Blackberry is starting responding slowly while working with it. Eventually it will go in to this error mode by itself, or it will happen the next time you make it do a re-set.

If you have this problem, a good cleanup to try before re-installing its operating system is to delete all the service book files, and re- load them from your service provider's Blackberry email and setup utility on the net. This will usually fix a lot of bugs with this device.

If the problem is not resolved, then a forced re-start can be done by downloading and installing the operating system. For this you will have to contact your service provider tech support to have them guide you to the correct site and version for your device. You will need the Blackberry backup and utility software installed on your PC with high speed internet access to do this task.

Re-installing the operating system is not a fix for this error problem. It will fix other problems if the operating system in the Blackberry is defective. The idea of the re-installation in this case is to force a system stop and a full re-start.

If you have to re-install the operating system in to your Blackberry, it may be advisable for you to have the service department of your service provider do this for you. If something goes wrong during the process, it is possible to create a non-reversible problem.

This JVM 523 error is a known issue with a number of models of Blackberry. I was told that it has not been properly resolved at this time.

--
Jerry G.
======