best cassette round/flat drive belts source UK?

Where can I get the best selection of these in the UK please? I am repairing some old kit. I specifically need a 5 mm flat by 80mm dia belt for a B&O cassette player.

J.

Reply to
JH

In message , JH writes

SeMe, Willowvale, CPC, Wizard Electronics. Google is your friend for these names. Visit your local WH Smiths and pick up a copy of Television, you should be able to find lots of people in there willing to sell you belts.

Are your sure it's 80mm diameter? They stretch with time and lose their elasticity. An old bodge is to put it into a cup you no longer want and pour boiling water onto it, the belt will shrink a little and probably give you a better idea of its original size. Alternatively, find your local B&O service centre and ask nicely if they can order one for you.

--
Clint Sharp
Reply to

Thanks

I guessed it they had stretched so worked out the "working length" and reduced that by 10% for a replacement. Never heard of the boiling water trick though, useful!

J.

Reply to
JH

Belt boiling was a common bodge with VCRs in the 1980s...

Reply to
mike.j.harvey