BenQ FP72G Monitor Repair

I have a SP72G BenQ Monitor which worked fin for 3 years until one day when I switched it on and it displayed teh BenQ Logo for a second and then faded out in a series of colours before switching off. If I try to switch it back on it does the same but a lot faster. I guess it maybe a faulty compnent overheating but can not see any visible signs of burn out etc..

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Reply to
Shane van Ingen

The power supply is starting, but giving up after a few seconds.

Open it up. Inspect the electrolytic cazapitors. If any of them have bulged, leaked, or volcanically erupted, replace *ALL* the electrolytic cazapitors.

Make sure your replacements are 105C rated, not 85C. Also, don't try it while half asleep and install 6 capacitors with reversed polarity, like I did last month.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com