Belts Radio Shack SCT-540

I need a source for drive belts for a Optimus / Radio shack Tape deck.

Cat # 140-0678

Model SCT-540

Reference #

44 12180378 Belt AF B90032 43 12180386 Use B6021 B90033 10551505 Belt Motor Drive B6021 42 12180394 Belt AFR B90034 41 12180402 Belt BFR B90035

Radio shack has been less than helpful...

A source that sales small qunatities at a reasionble price would be appreciated.

R!

Reply to
R!

Your best bet may be to measure the existing belts (inside circumference, width or cross section, and wall thickness), subtract around 5% from the circumference to compensate for stretching of the old belt, and then purchase the closest-matching generic belt.

PRB seems to be the brand of choice for replacement belts. They carry flat (ribbon-type), round, and square cross-section belts in quite a variety of sizes.

seems to have a pretty good overview of their offerings.

Lots of online sources - Vintage Electronics carries some, or see

Dave Platt