Belt Source for 3.5 in floppy drives

Hello, all. For those of us who enjoy keeping "ancient" devices maintained, could anyone recommend some vendors of replacement motor-to-spindle belts for floppy drives? After 25+ years a lot of these belts have disintegrated into an ooey-gooey mess (that'll stick on everything). Thanks for your time and comment. Sincerely,

--
J. B. Wood	            e-mail: arl_123234@hotmail.com
Reply to

Toothed or plain, such a long time, I forget what type they were? Like audio cassette decks , no point in getting genuine contemporaneous belts as all are now near enough perished

Reply to
N_Cook

You can buy complete drives fairly cheaply.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

Russell Industries' PRB division (what used to be called Projector-Recorder Belt Corp):

They still make them brand new.

Reply to
Ken Layton

haven't heard that name in a long time.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

Hello, all. First, let me thank those who responded to my OP. My further investigation revealed that most internal 3.5" FDDs had direct-driven spindles. Only a few seem to use belts. Two belt-driven candidates I've identified are the Newtronics/Mitsumi D357B and the NEC FD121M. Any additional comment is greatly appreciated. Sincerely,

--
J. B. Wood	            e-mail: arl_123234@hotmail.com
Reply to
J.B. Wood

I wondered about that too, I don't remember belts in 3.5" drives.

Except, since people responded acting like the had seen them, I assumed I was wrong.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black