I have read that it might be one of the secondary rectifiers (possibly d6). Has anyone had any luck with this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Rob my_nose_itches at hotmail.com

Reply to
Fractured Logic

Is that one of the Behringers which uses a cheesy little DIN connector for the p.s. connections? IME, the plastic locating tab gets broken off on those, and the p.s. gets plugged in wrong, bending over and shorting out pins. Examine the male connector carefully with a magnifying glass and go from there.

jak

Reply to
jakdedert

Hello Rob. I should start by saying that this repair is not to be undertaken by someone other than a trained and qualified electronics repair technician. I cannot make that determination via the internet, so I must recommend that you bring the unit to one of our authorized service centers. In addition to the safety issues associated with AC mains electrical power, is also true that opening the unit will exclude you from warranty coverage. If you are not a trained tech, or if your unit is still under the original warranty, just drop me an email at my address below and I'll be glad to help you find the nearest BEHRINGER authorized service center.

If you know that you are qualified to perform such repairs, and the warranty coverage is not an issue, I would suggest you check D6 and D8. If either one has failed I recommend replacing them both. If you test and verify that both are good, the TOP245Y switching IC would be the other possibility (remote).

I saw another response asking what type of power supply this is. This is an internal switching PSU with AC mains coming in from an IEC connector. It is not an external DC supply (wall wart).

Let me know if you need help locating an authorized repair center in your area.

Best Regards,

Jim Savery Global Customer Support Manager BEHRINGER The Americas BEHRINGER USA, Inc Tel: +01-425-672-0816 x 111 Direct Dial: +01-425-939-3216 Fax: +01-425-673-7647 IP Phone Ext: 5024 mailto: snipped-for-privacy@behringer.com

j.savery

Thanks for your quick response. I tested and determined that d8 was bad. I have read that replacing the her303 with a her508 was advisable. I would normally replace with like parts, however, it was suggested that the her508 was better suited for the application. From your experience would this be an issue?

Cheers,

Rob

snipped-for-privacy@behr> Hello Rob. I should start by saying that this repair is not to be

Reply to