Before it's put on a slow boat from China

I need a 2.7uf 63V non-polarized capacitor for a speaker crossover. It is a radial lead 10mm x 22mm cap. Ebay has them from China. (slow boat) I've checked Digi-Key, Mouser, Allied, and Newark. I've also checked several speaker part sellers. I have found an axial lead cap, for $0.50 plus $6.95 shipping. But I'd prefer a radial lead.

Have any other sources?

Refoamed a set of Pioneer HPM 700 speakers, also put two OEM tweeters in them. I thought I was done, listening test showed no output from one tweeter, found bulging cap in crossover. Argh!

Mike

Reply to
amdx

You might try ebay at this number. It is 100 volts but going up in voltage should be ok. There are others if you don't mind higher voltage.

321699248915
Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Yes, That is the axial I found. They sell it on their website for $0.50 with $6.95 shipping.

Thanks, Mikek

Reply to
amdx

$1.45 in singles for a Panasonic 2.7uF 100V film cap from Digikey. ECQ-E1275KF Radial lead (but not a can).

--sp

--
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

Yes, I see I have other options, I was hoping to install a cap that looks like the original 1982, 10mm x 22mm capacitor. I may not get what I want.

Thanks, Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Parts express

Martin Riddle

Maybe very careful surgery of the old cap, stuff the new one inside the hollowed out old one to get the old "look"?

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

It actually split the plastic cover and doesn't look to good anymore.

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Posted without comment :)

 (\_/)
(='.'=) Bunny says: Windows 10? Nein danke!
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

You can use two standard caps back-to-back (+ -- +). But they should be 6u F caps. Back to back, they will test out at 3uF. If you screen them careful ly, you should be able to get very close to the 2.7 you need. Or, use 2.5uF caps as electrolytics tend to run 'fat' rather than 'lean'. Or, use a film cap, full stop.

Polarity will not be a problem.

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
pfjw

The Rubycon 35V rated caps must be pretty good :-)

Reply to
Ralph Barone

They *are* pretty good aren't they? That surprised me a bit, putting a decent brand name inside a fake.

Hmm... perhaps the Rubycons are fake too... Is there something else inside them too?

--

John Devereux
Reply to

The Rubycon looks like it was salvaged from a discarded board.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

That's what they want you to think.

--

Rick
Reply to

*ding*

Look more closely at the logo. It's "Rulycon", a fake designed to look like Rubycon.

These came out about the same time as the "bad caps" scandal a few years ago.

--
 (\_/)