B & O transistor from about 1985

From a Beocenter 2100, type 2442 , TR7 in the ps for the protection circuit/ output relay driver circuit, but I don't have the manual for this one. It is between TO92 and E-line, slightly smaller than TO92 with a small flat on the curved surface It in pnp , marked

115 4XF so not BC115 or 1154 or 2SB115 or 1154 Would it be short for B&0 number sequence preceding with 8320 so 8320115 ? and 4XF as date/batch code for 1984 perhaps

N Cook

Any reasonably specified general purpose TO-92 type should be a perfect substitute.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Nigel,

This sound suspiciously like a 'digital switching transistor' which is usually just a bi-polar device with built in resistors. For example, a DTA115 (pnp) or a DTC115 (npn). You can do a google search on either number, or try

and try either number to see if they are similar to what you are looking for.

Unfortunately, this type of device seems to have become quite popular in recent years, and they are so small that the full number is not marked on them. Also it is hard to know which series of device you have from looking at them, as each manufacturer seems to have its own numbering system.

Regards, Tim Schwartz Bristol Electronics

Reply to
Tim Schwartz

circuit/

flat

?

Its that sort of size but about half the transistors in this music centre are of that size so unlikely. Also that one and the others check out "double diode" test with DMM as normal pnp transistors. Agreed any old, correct pinned, 30 to 100mA Ic pnp TO92 would do but I would like to establish some sort of generality

The other ones npn etc, in this unit, of this small format, are lablelled

603 and M21 instead of 115. Looking in the Beocenter manuals that I have, I cannot see this package in the the gallery of transistor packages used in those units.

Perhaps they were a Danish manufacturer of mid 1980s

N Cook

Usually the number is there but the DTA/C isn't.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore