Audio Gen Bandwidth

** Apology accepted.

( I can hardly believe I am posting that .... )

One reason for having 100kHz or more available on an "Audio Generator" is to enable the testing of audio filters that may have turn over frequencies at say 22 kHz. To find the roll of slope, one needs to check the response for several octaves above that frequency.

Another use is in testing the response of audio transformers - ie line, mic or valve output. These often exhibit severe ringing at frequencies between 25 kHz and 150kHz. This can often be eliminated with a suitable RC damping network.

Audio gens also need to go down to 1 or 2 Hz as well - so one can check any sub sonic filters included in amplifiers and other devices OR to force DC and anti-thump protection relays in power amps to cycle to verify their operation.

Many other good reasons exist too.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Thanks and ESR solution archived. And I can't believe I didn't remember the LAG 120 did 1 MHz seeing I've owned it now for 35 years. However I ALWAYS used/use it for 400 -1000 MHz depending on calibration instructions for various audio devices. I doubt it would even work on higher resolutions without cleaning the push buttons. So once again sorry.

Meat Plow