Atmel programmer query

Hi,

I know I'm probably missing something really obvious but am not having much luck with Google on this one.

I bought this kit some time ago:

It works fine with a Mega423P, but the 20-pin socket will not work for me.

This 20-pin socket is wired as on the link above:

+5v pin 5/15 Gnd pin 6/16

MOSI pin1 MISO pin2 SCK pin3 RST pin 10

This does not agree with a typical Atmel 20 pin uC - I would like to use the Tiny2313, which this board allegedly supports, but it can't do as MOSI/MISO/SCK are pins 17/18/19.

I tried Googling to find out which uC's DO use this boards' pin configuration but got nowhere and frustrated.

I usually learn a lot more posting on usenet than Googling anyway, hence my post here.

Cheers,

Gareth.

Reply to
Gareth Magennis

This doesn't answer which *do* use the pins shown but it looks like if you use the header J3 ("40P") then the ISP signals get routed to the proper pins (19:SCK, 18:MISO, 17:MOSI) on the 20-pin socket. Do a continuity check with nothing plugged in first, of course.

--
Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA
Reply to

Hmm, this is even curiouser then:

J3 Header:

MOSI not connected to 20 pin device MISO pin 9 20 pin device SCK not connected to 20 pin device RST pin 10 (all 3 headers' reset lines are commoned)

J9 header

MOSI pin 4 + Reset.

There is screen printing on the board saying J9 is for 28 pin socket, J10 for 8 & 20 pin socket, J3 40 pin socket, as also stated in the manual.

If I was Scooby Doo I'd be going "Uuuuurrrumph?"

Thanks,

Gareth.

Reply to
Gareth Magennis

Yes -- I was looking at the pin designations for the device (ATtiny2313) vice the designations on the schematic.

However, it does look like there are current ATtiny chips that do have a pinout that matches the one on the programmer. Look at the ATtiny26 and the ATtiny261/461/861 chips and their A-rev brethren.

--
Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA
Reply to

Ah, the *61 family is what I am looking for. Doh! Thwack!

Much obliged,

Gareth.

Reply to
Gareth Magennis