Aspect Ratio Won't Change

I have a 52 inch Panasonic DLP. Recently the tv does not respond to the aspect button on the remote. Can not stretch a 4:3 picture to fill the screen and can't alter aspect of 16:9 pictures. The TV is about 4 years old and is showing a lamp replace message. I've had this message for a few months and am holding the replacement bulb until needed. Any chance the failing bulb could cause the problem with changing aspect? Any other ideas?

Reply to
JC

Bad button on the remote?

Bob

Bob Urz

Probably unrelated. If you run the bulb past when the timer expires though, it becomes likely the bulb will rupture and can damage the unit beyond repair.

Reply to
James Sweet

How many bulb ruptures have you seen?

I know in entertainment lighting, we just let them go until they blow and replace them. And a lot of those lamps are much bigger wattage. Its rare that i have even seen one self destruct into parts.

Bob

Bob Urz

News==----

Newsgroups

I've seen quite a few starting with the Sharp lcd front projectors 15 years ago. At the large university I work at, we have seen bulbs with less than 400 hours of use explode catastrophically. Chuck

Reply to
Chuck

News==----

Newsgroups