AR CD-04 CD player display

Hello all,

A customer has an AR CD-04 with a bad display. This is a 4 digit green LED display on a small board that mounts to the front panel board.

While the machine is a Philips/Magnavox based player, I do not know what an equivalent model that might share the same display is.

Since I'd guess that many of these have been scrapped because of a defective CDM-2 mechanism, I'm hoping someone has saved a chassis that might have a good display or display board that they would be willing to sell me.

Gentlemen, please check you junk rooms!

Regards, Tim Schawrtz Bristol Electronics Ho-Ho-Kus, New Jersey

Reply to
Tim Schwartz

Maybe just replace the LED Display?

Been there, done that, although not necessarily with the same color.

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
peterwieck33

Maybe the flat ribbon cable ; just shrten it at the end.

Reply to
Look165

Not possible to change the display to something else. This is a welded construction type with a 'blob chip' on the back of the board that interfaced to the microprocessor. Must be original type.

Thanks for the thought, Tim Bristol Electronics

Reply to
Tim Schwartz

I believe the Philips CD160, CD460, CD560, Magnavox CDB460, CDB560 and Sylvania CD1650 have this display. There are a few on eBay but they're not cheap!

There is a design for a DIY retrofit which may or may not be suitable:

-- Adam

Reply to
Adam