Anyone have experience with Element Electronics? 40 inch Monitor?

Anyone have experience with the 40 inch screen from Element Electronics?

ELGFT401, or such

I can't seem to find much about this company. Where made? Reliability?

Regards, Robert

Reply to
Robert Macy

OK, it took Google .13 seconds to spit out the important information. Made in China, sold by Walmart. IOW, garbage. No schematics or service manual available. Likely causes of failures include cheap caps in the power supply, bad solder job on the circuit boards, and failing LDO regulators.

PlainBill

Reply to
PlainBill

Thank you for your reply. Given made in China, your assertions regarding reliability are probably correct.

I did the 'google' search. all I got was the company is in Minneapolis, MN; names of officers;the company salutes "made in america" products; sells through Walmart; had 32 BBB complaints against it; and probably went bankrupt July, 2011.

but couldn't find out a single insight into 'reliability'

Regards, Robert

Reply to
Robert Macy