Antique Zenith AM/ FM model 8C01 (late 40's) Radio schematic needed.

Does anyone have a schematic for this radio that they could possibly please share with me? Or perhaps might there be a more appropriate group to post this to? Thanks, Lenny

Reply to
captainvideo462002

Try news:rec.antiques.radio+phono Give them the Brand and Model numbers, as well as the symptoms, and they may be able to help.

for google group users.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

8C01 is a chassis number. I'd refer you to Nostalgia Air but that site doesn't necessarily recognize chassis numbers. The actual model number might find it. Something like a T825 perhaps?

NA only covers the Rider's manuals up to the very early 50s and its sketchy in the last few years. If yours is later than that then look for a site with Beitmans diagrams, I think Dave Schmarder now has them all linked on his site.

GL, Bill

Reply to
exray

Here are a few pointers to Zenith radios with the 8C01 chassis; the first site claims to have a schematic, but accessible to members only:

TM

Reply to
tonym924

Doggone Zenith...they repeated that chassis number. There's one in the 1947 Beitmans and another in 1960. I'd guess that yours is the former?

If you come up dry drop me an email and I can send you a copy.

-Bill

Reply to
exray

I found the model number with the help of another guy who is more familiar with Zeniths than I am. He then crossed it to the chassis. As to year, it's pre 1948 is all it states. And NA had the schematic with changes and a few service notes. Time to warm up the old Senior Voltohmyst. This set howls and growls and I've already replaced two tubes and two leaky caps. One physically leaked wax all over my bench. Probably end up replacing them all before I'm done. If this wasn't a job for a friend, I don't suppose that it would be hardly worth the time. Thanks to everyone for all the help. Lenny Stein.

Reply to
captainvideo462002