AntiBark? - Page 2

Re: AntiBark?
wrote in message

Meter voltage on the transducer.
Use an ultrasonic transducer for a mic & multiply it with variable 20-100kHz
signal.
Try it on random dogs.
etc

NT
Thanks for the replies, should point out that this is not the type you point
at dog and press a button, it's on a bracket attached to kennel and dog
barking should trigger it.  It was bought at B&M but I didn't keep receipt.
Did consider a mic attached to laptop but thought ultrasonic would be
outside the mic's range.  Used to have a scope when I fixed TV's but gave it
away.
It's for my own dog because neighbours are complaining, I used this:
http://store.intl.petsafe.net/en-gb/anti-bark-spray-collar-basic-spray-bark-control?gclid=CLTY2PSL9dMCFQmdGwodVvEPKQ
for a while and it seemed to work but now the fluid/gas seems to leak away.

Re: AntiBark?

y.

Get a refill?

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

p.s.:

Dogs bark in many cases to say "HERE I AM!". Which means they are lonely. A
 dog that is not lonely will not bark except for a reason. And, as it happe
ns, one typically wants the dog to park *when* there is a reason.

No-Bark collars stop all barking, good or bad.

If you have an older dog that is going deaf, and is left outside for any le
ngth of time, it *will* bark. It is called self-stimulus. Again, lonely dog
s bark.

Generally, dogs are a commitment that takes time and consideration, especia
lly as they get older. Our retrievers have lasted 14, 13 and the incumbent
is 7 years old. We have a Scottie who is 8, but smaller dogs tend to last l
onger. And we have two cats, 7 & 4 who might well last 20+ years. In any ca
se, the animals all take considerable comfort from each other.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Site Timeline