Answering Machine

Hello I have an older Phone Answering Machine , it uses two small tapes , one for the answer message and one for the incoming message , I really like the unit and hate to give it up , problem is this , it will record a message that has been sent via wired phone , for some reason it hates Cell Phones , will drop out after a few seconds of record , I am not sure if the Cell sees something it doesn't like and stops or if the recorder doesn't like the Cell Phone , any thoughts would be appreciated . Phil

Reply to
Phil

Can you make more of these :)

--
.
Reply to

JR North

This is a "voice control" problem. Old answering machines were designed to stop after about 8 seconds of silence or hum (dial tone). The machine would have to be modified, or the signal improved. A few machines had this feature defeatable with a switch.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias

Reply to
Jeroni Paul

Try using a cell phone to call your machine and see if your call is dropped. That will determine if the problem is on the cell end or the machine end. If cell phone stays connected then its a machine problem. Then try talking REALLY loud into the cell phone to see if maybe the machine just doesn't "hear" the incoming message. If that's the case you could leave an appropriate outgoing message informing the caller to shout if on a cell phone.

I love those old machines. Mine quit a couple years ago and I miss it. Perhaps I'll get around to fixing it one day. ; Hello

Reply to
badgerboy

That's what the world needs more of, dickheads shouting on their yuppie-yappers.

Reply to
murph1012