Another EPROM question.

I would like to read what is in the old EPROMs in my machine. They contain the ladder programming for the machine. I cannot get a copy of this ladder from Miyano, who made the lathe and wrote the ladder. Is there a way to read what is programmed in these EPROMs? I guess I should ask if there is a way I can read what is in them. I know what a ladder looks like and can read one but I don't know if one can be read from a device just by downloading and using a text reader to see what is there. Eric

Reply to
etpm

It would be doubtful if you could. The eprom will give a bunch of hexidecimal numbers. You would need a program that could convert that to the ladder.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Not to mention there is likely CPU operating code which you would need to learn or find a code disassembler. Not for the faint of heart!

If there is a service shop like mine in your area and they have classic tools such as a Fluke 9010 or 9100 then they can read the EPROM(s) by simply pulling the CPU and exercising the motherboard under proper power.

Probably...

John :-#)#

John's  Jukes Ltd. 2343 Main St., Vancouver, BC, Canada V5T 3C9
                      www.flippers.com
John Robertson

That's what I thought. Maybe I can get FANUC or MIYANO to read some EPROMs and provide me with a ladder printout if I send the devices to them. Eric

Reply to
etpm

The whole problem is that there is only one company in the Puget Sound area that I could find that can work on my machine. There used to be several but so many shops went out of business because of Boeing boom/bust cycles that CNC services companies also went out of business. And since I'm on an island that makes service calls even harder to get. Eric

Reply to
etpm