Analog - Digital TV question

This has nothing to do with your original question, it is trolling.

Reply to
Michael Terrell

e:

ables.

becomes the truth'.

before Obamacare took them away from you. I do hope that you do see the li ght some day. All of that raw, inflamed hatred is bad for your health.

t.

, and he was never much of a man. Just the kind that you worship.

round years ago makes you look like a super genius?

newsgroups, I sent emails to people with information during that time. That included you, although I knew that you would never acknowledge any of them . One was where to find help with a HP scope. I won't waste any more time w ith you. Just keep channeling Skippy.

I received a lot of abuse from him in 2016, and I am tired of being called stupid by him, just because I wouldn't vote for his choice.

I will no longer bother to read or reply to him.

I am reading messages in Seamonkey from a paid Usenet account that will not let me post messages, so I can filter out the trolls there. I have to post from Google Groups, so I don't know how often I will bother with Usenet.

Reply to
Michael Terrell

Not all amplified computer speakers are crap, I have a set made by Altec Lansing that consists of a sub woofer and two satellite speakers, that does a fine job.

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

None of them.

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0

But there are still low power analog TV stations still on the air, or were on the air. One here in Central Oregon. All religious broadcasting.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Drahn

Uh huh, another one of your fantasies. Fox's Mercantile is alive and well in Ranger Texas.

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0

Do they transmit in stereo? Most LPTV stations operate on a shoestring, and adding the extra equipment for stereo wasn't cheap. The ones that I've see n recorded programs from Satellite, to video tape or a hard drive for later playback. What coverage are do they have with under 500W, and typically a tower under 100'?

The only station I worked at that was BTSC was a 5 MW EIRP site with a 1700' tower that covered about 1/3 of Florida and occasionally received reports of being picked up in Texas during high sunspot cycles.

I have already stated that a few LPTV stations still exist, but many became sub channels after the conversion to digital.

Reply to
Michael Terrell

Altec Lansing is some of the tops in electronics. I have one of their commercial power amps.

But I imagine you paid dearly for those speakers.

I have some very nice bookshelf speakers that I use with this tv receiver box. Before that, I had a small radio receiver I used for an amp, but that goofy thing would turn itself on and off. Being built with ICs, I just tossed it. Working on IC stuff is not my cup of tea.

Its easier to just watch for receivers at rummage sales and Goodwill.

My "real" stereo is 1200 watts, but for using my bedroom computer, all I need is 10 watts. Not to mention that I download videos. The sound on them is so varied that I'd blow my ears out on the big stereo.

Reply to
tubeguy

Yep, I pretty much know that now. I'm tempted to retune it to see how far I can get ch6 into the FM band. But I got plenty of FM radios so why bother....

Reply to
tubeguy

When I worked as a telephone exchange tech I listened to a radio I put together from bits found in a rubbish bin. I could listen to AM radio and VHF TV sound and it ran off the 50 volts from the rack battery jack.

Reply to
Lucifer

I had something similar and it was great. I put the satellite speakers either side of the monitor and the stereo effect was fantastic. I used it with my VCR which had a stereo decoder.

Reply to
Lucifer

They used to be where you come from (the 1970s). In the 1990s they also made mass-market computer speakers, which do sound pretty good, but are no comparison to their audiophile stuff. I have a revamped pair of their "Eight" speakers, with the piezo and mid drivers replaced by modern Kevlar units, and they sound fantastic.

I bought three sets of their computer speakers for the family, and still use one. I recall them being about $AU120 per set. They made even bigger, better ones too, my son bought a set, internally multi-amp'ed.

Clifford Heath.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

I say take off and nuke Israel from orbit.

I'm glad Trump got in.

Reply to
Lucifer

Use the kill file or just ignore him.

Reply to
Lucifer

The Voice of the Theatre was a great loudspeaker, almost as good as my Klipschorns...

Reply to
jfeng

Now, you, "are just being evil and anally retentive." :-)

Mikek PS, How come you don't think the countries in NATO should pay their bill? Aren't you happy that most Americans are doing better in the improved economy? Isn't it a good thing that Rocket man is not send up rockets for further testing? Do you really think we should just allow illegals to cross the boarder unchecked? Are you really against Targeting MS-13?

Ok, no need to answer, with an answer like "None of them" you are just anti Trump, it no longer matters what you want, or what is right, if Trump is for it, you are against it. You lack the grey matter to make your own decision. Sorry, please rethink how you decide right and wrong, good and bad, it has nothing to do with who is in office.

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Somebody did! I bought them at a church sale, cheap, years ago. OH, and just this weekend I bought a Pristine Sangean ATS-818 radio for $1 including manual and a wall wart power supply. Easily worth $80 to $100, $199 whaen it was new.

Reply to
amdx

Apparently you can only parrot Fox News talking points. Come back when YOU can think for yourself.

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0

None of what I wrote came from Fox News, in fact 70% of the points I wrote came from a liberal writing the good things Trump has done, he listed 12 more positive points, but then when on to say he still wants Trump impeached.

At least this lib can see past his ideological leaning. Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Reply to
peterwieck33