Analog - Digital TV question

I have an old Realistic (Radio Shack) "Stereo TV Receiver". It's like a
radio, designed to receive the audio from tv stations. I've used it as
an audio amplifier for one of my computers. But I just wanted to see if
it actually received TV audio. I dont have much for an antenna, just a
rabbit ears. So I am not getting anything, and where I live getting any
tv signal is rare.

However, I'm wondering if it's possible to get anything. This was made
for analog tv. It has 3 buttons to select VHF low, VHF high, and UHF. I
know all the digital stations now use UHF.

With the proper antenna, is it possible to get the digital signal on
UHF, or can that only be gotten using a DTV converter? This has me
puzzled....

* I noticed that at the very end of the VHF low, near Channel 6, I do
get a very weak signal of some sort. I suspect I'm picking up a little
FM radio, but it's too weak to really hear clearly.

Re: Analog - Digital TV question

You been under a rock for the past 10 years?
They stopped analog TV broadcasting in 2009.

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0

Are you under a rock? The 4th of December 2019 is in the future.

Re: Analog - Digital TV question

   Fox used just a tiny bit of poet license, you are just being evil and
anally retentive.

                              Mikek

Re: Analog - Digital TV question

Heh, where's the "like" button?

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0

Yes, Im aware of that, but dont answer my question. Can the audio
portion be received by my receiver or not?

Re: Analog - Digital TV question

Doesn't, but the answer is no.

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0

There is no 'Audio Portion', there is a data stream containing both the vid
eo and one or more audio channels, and there may be one or more sub channel
s per the old bandwidth. Those 'stereo receivers' had a coil to pick up the
 horizontal sweep, which was used to separate the analog audio signal into
two channels like Stereo FM, but the pilot frequency was 15.734KH instead o
f 19KHz. You not only don't have the analog audio, you can't recover the no
n existent NTSC horizontal signal. Other than a very few Low Power stations
 or translators, the thing is useless.

Ignore Jeff. He's an angry Liberal who has never worked at a TV station as
an Engineer.

Re: Analog - Digital TV question

I'd rather be an angry liberal than an ignorant Trump supporter.

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0

We all know that you supported Hillary and her slimy bucket of despicables.

It's sad, really. Those Anti Psychotic drugs were really helping you, before Obamacare took them away from you. I do hope that you do see the light some day. All of that raw, inflamed hatred is bad for your health.

Re: Analog - Digital TV question

I see you love the "fear and hatred" brand of Koolaid the GOP has been
selling for the past 40 years.

You're a real prize, the best you can do is make up shit and resort to
ad hominem attacks?

You basically went in the toilet when a black man was elected president.
You've only gotten worse.

Keep it up with your diatribes, it only makes you look stupid.

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0
les.

Yawn. That's right out of the Liberal's rulebook 'Repeat a lie until it bec
omes the truth'.

efore Obamacare took them away from you. I do hope that you do see the ligh
t some day. All of that raw, inflamed hatred is bad for your health.

I was only following your silly lead.

Is that the best lie that you can come up with? He is only partly black, an
d he was never much of a man. Just the kind that you worship.

Continuing to post under the name of a business that you ran into the groun
d years ago makes you look like a super genius?

I really don't care what you think. Even though I wasn't on any of the news
groups, I sent emails to people with information during that time. That inc
luded you, although I knew that you would never acknowledge any of them. On
e was where to find help with a HP scope. I won't waste any more time with
you. Just keep channeling Skippy.

Re: Analog - Digital TV question
On 4/14/19 12:06 AM, Michael Terrell wrote:
[ snip ]
More right wing echo chamber comments.

blah blah blah

I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0

  Michael, it's nice to see you back around these parts, but this is no
way to act, Jeff was helpful, why such an attack. It is generally the
libs that do all the attacking. Why do you need to act the same. They
are wrong we just need to gently teach them to do better. When they know
better they will do better.
  Jeff, have seen anything that Trump has done as president that you
like. I'll give you some help, The economy, Rocket Man, cutting taxes on
average $1,400 per household, rolling back regulations,
and a few from a liberal website.

?Move the U.S. Embassy in Israel to Jerusalem.

?Pull the United States out of the Iranian nuclear deal.

?Stand up to NATO countries for not ponying up enough money to cover the
organization?s expenses and their own defense costs.

?Take on the news media and not back down, exposing bias and
agenda-driven journalism intended to run him out of office.

?Put an intense focus on immigration, the importance of border security
and the cost of illegal immigration, including U.S. citizens killed by
the undocumented.

?Target the ruthless Salvadoran street gang MS-13.

?Begin a dialogue with North Korea about ending its nuclear weapons
program.

OK, I got carried away, but do you agree with any of these accomplishments.

                           Mikek

Re: Analog - Digital TV question
e:
ables.
 becomes the truth'.
 before Obamacare took them away from you. I do hope that you do see the li
ght some day. All of that raw, inflamed hatred is bad for your health.
t.
, and he was never much of a man. Just the kind that you worship.
round years ago makes you look like a super genius?
newsgroups, I sent emails to people with information during that time. That
 included you, although I knew that you would never acknowledge any of them
. One was where to find help with a HP scope. I won't waste any more time w
ith you. Just keep channeling Skippy.

I received a lot of abuse from him in 2016, and I am tired of being called
stupid by him, just because I wouldn't vote for his choice.

I will no longer bother to read or reply to him.

I am reading messages in Seamonkey from a paid Usenet account that will not
 let me post messages, so I can filter out the trolls there. I have to post
 from Google Groups, so I don't know how often I will bother with Usenet.

Re: Analog - Digital TV question
On Mon, 15 Apr 2019 18:02:16 -0700 (PDT), Michael Terrell

Use the kill file or just ignore him.

Re: Analog - Digital TV question

None of them.

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0

Now, you, "are just being evil and anally retentive." :-)

                                     Mikek
  PS, How come you don't think the countries in NATO should pay their bill?
   Aren't you happy that most Americans are doing better in the improved
economy?
  Isn't it a good thing that Rocket man is not send up rockets for
further testing?
  Do you really think we should just allow illegals to cross the boarder
unchecked?
Are you really against Targeting MS-13?

  Ok, no need to answer, with an answer like "None of them" you are just
anti Trump, it no longer matters what you want, or what is right, if
Trump is for it, you are against it.
  You lack the grey matter to make your own decision.
Sorry, please rethink how you decide right and wrong, good and bad,
it has nothing to do with who is in office.

                           Mikek

Re: Analog - Digital TV question

Apparently you can only parrot Fox News talking points.
Come back when YOU can think for yourself.

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0

  None of what I wrote came from Fox News, in fact 70% of the points I
wrote came from a liberal writing the good things Trump has done, he
listed 12 more positive points, but then when on to say he still wants
Trump impeached.
  At least this lib can see past his ideological leaning.
                                     Mikek

Site Timeline