All of a sudden both Remote controls don't work for tv? fine for DVD

I have two remote controls one rca for my Proscan (RCA) 27" tv, and one for my Panasonic DVD player/recorder. My DVD player is able to control the basics of my TV operation too, even will turn on the power to the TV (no programming required). But now all of a sudden they both stop working. My DVD remote still works fine for the DVD controls, but not for the TV any more. Batteries is not the problem. Any ideas what it could be? The TV is almost 10 years old.

Reply to
auto

Is the tiny plastic lens over the IR sensor of the tv fogged over from cleaners? Or if you can take the back off, find where the IR sensor connects to the chassis, and remove it and re-connect it - The plug may have absorbed moisture and caused a little corrosion. JTT

Reply to
James Thompson

for

any

TV

You've probably put the TV in an illegal mode by the wrong r/c button combination. I can do that on my own TV by trying to go into teletext mode on a 'universal' r/c. It only half switches to teletext, the mode is displayed on the TV's chassis display but no on-screen display and latch up on all functions. Returns to normal after switch off but perhaps yours has over-ridden the default setting so stays even after switch off and on.

N Cook

working.

up

addendum If you normally switch the TV 'off' to standby , try unplugging the TV for an hour

Reply to
N Cook