AKAI TV2851 Dead Set, Voltage are OK

This Set is Dead.... Voltages are ok up to CHOPPER TX , NO LED DISPLAY, All quiet , Any Ideas?

Thanks in advanced :)

Reply to
Martin

All

Is the standby voltage present?

Also check for bad electrolytic capacitors in the power supply, that can cause a unit not to power up.

Reply to
James Sweet

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 00:51:12 +0100, "Martin" put finger to keyboard and composed:

Do you mean that the rectified mains voltage is present at the chopper transistor, but that nothing is happening on the secondary side? If so, then I'd be looking for an open startup resistor, usually 100K -

200K, in the base or gate drive to the chopper or to the PWM controller IC.

-- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar