Akai PT4298HD lens problem?

I have a 42" Akai projection TV, model PT4298HD. I turned it on today and saw that the picture appeared misaligned -- the red color displays in an out-of-sync, non-horizontal shape. See these pictures:

I've tinkered with computers, but I'm new to projection TVs. Any pointer in the right direction will be highly appreciated. Thanks. Svilen

Reply to
Svilen Stoicheff

If its a Plasma set you will have to call for service there is zip you can do yourself. If its a regular pro set change the convergence IC,s

kip

Reply to
kip

I should have mentioned that the TV in question is a projection TV.

Reply to
Svilen Stoicheff

Understood. Thanks for the input. You are right, it should be serviced by a qualified technician -- I just wanted to do due diligence and verify I'm not missing something trivial. For all I can say, it's probably a convergence board issue -- convergence is way off, and it doesn't get any better when I try to adjust it manually. Here's what it looks like:

Svilen Stoicheff

I'm considering a similar Akai set, actualy I was going to post to see if people had problems with them.

How l>> As Mentioned, nothing that the average consumer can address themselves,

Reply to
Krisma

This is Samsung-made TV, just the name plate and different model #. Take it to decent service shop that knows samsung stuff. The parts to repair this failure is common availablity.

BTW, this is very, very common failure.

Oh, be prepared to wait awhile if your shop have to order the main amp IC for the convergence because particular IC is on backorder so often due to very poor heatsinking (keeping IC cool enough) action. If the shop is samsung authorized, they will order one through Samsung and get IC in few days.

Cheers, Wizard

Reply to
Jason D.