AIWA NSX 220LH schematics service manual?

Hi,

I?m looking for the AIWA NSX 220LH schematics or service manual.

Thanks in advance! George

Reply to
George

I don't have them electronically, but...

What exactly do you need?

Dan

Reply to
abrsvc

Hi Dan. I am trying to help a friend in Argentina, whose girlfriend?s Aiwa had smoke coming out when they tried to load a CD. The unit has been repaired a few months back (no smoke then) and he has sent me pictures where I can see a burnt resistor. I used to repair equipment many years ago, so I?m trying to help him long distance, but without schematics there?s no hope. I appreciate any help. I?m uploading pictures for you to see.

Pictures:

Many Tanks! George

Reply to
George

OK. I need a little more info here. The pix with the burnt resistor is clear, but I need to know the circuit designation. I only have the schematic, no diagrams of the boards. As a rough guess, I'd suspect that the IC is the motor driver IC for the CD. Unless your friend has experience with surface mounted devices, this repair may not go so well. I suggest that he/she acquire some ChipQuik for the removal of the IC. Report the IC designation here and I'll get you the part numbers etc.

Dan

Reply to
abrsvc

Thanks, Dan. My friend reports that the resistor goes to pin 8 of M5223L-229001. He says CD does not spin, and is trying to replace the resistor (provided he learns its value) and then see, I don't think he will move to replace smt components. I'm not too hopeful... but if you can find the R value, or have any suggestion, thanks in advance.

George

Reply to
George

You can experiment with resistors. Ten ohms would be a good place to start on this one. Thing is, the resistor did not burn for no reason. I would suspect a shorted spindle motor, which is quite common.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark Zacharias

On Tue, 14 Feb 2012 11:17:23 -0800, George put finger to keyboard and composed:

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Based up0on your pictures and the schematic, I believe that this resistor is the 9V feeder resistor (R40 - 2.2Ohms at 1/2 W).

If this is getting hot, then the problem is likely to be excessive current draw by IC6 (M5223L). I would change IC6 as well.

Dan

Reply to
abrsvc

Aiwa update: thanks to all for your help and Franc Zabkar for the service manual. My friend replaced the resistor (in that value he only found a metal-film resistor), and it has been working great for ½ hour now!

Thanks again to this awesome group, with your cooperation we helped a repair thousands of miles away!

Regards, George

George