Aiwa cassette deck, displaced widget, no REW

Having maintained this deck over the years, new silicone rubber bands , tyres and pinchwheel etc. Annoying having to drop out just because a white plastic wishbone/quadrant arm linkage thing has dropped out and laying in the bottom of the casing. Buggered if I can see where it has dropped out from. I can manually turn the capstan with REW engaged and by pushing a lever over, by finger, the REW mechanism will engage but I cannot see where and how this linkage does the job of my finger. Full SM with exploded views seems to have a different mechanical deck to this AD F220. neither

or
have a pic of the right area . Google images has failed, no type number on the deck or in the manual that I can find, unless 58-3-25 is the deck type, rubber stamped with red ink like the 1983 date in black ink. Any other ideas?

Reply to
N_Cook

That widget is nothing to do with REW it is one of the levers active from the "top" ledge of a cassette, the one for the REC inhibit slot, dislodged. So something wrong with the power-take off cam system presumably, not so straightforward as replacing a linkage.

Reply to
N_Cook

Luckily not the internal PTO cam/cogs area but the latch under the keys. Small squarish plastic nib under the key, a corner edge of it bears against a 45 degree angle of one of the steel plate slider-bars. Taken all those years of use to wear back the corner to a bit of a flat. Decided on a bodge of a thin piece of PTFE along the key , wired into its guide slot, to reliably cant over the key to allow that latch to engage. Incidently anyone know of a perhaps non-ideal, but not expensive and "solidified before next use" glue for PTFE?

Reply to
N_Cook

The best glue for PTFE is probbly meat. Teflon is pretty much PTFE and if you fry a steak in a teflon pan and it sticks, it REALLY sticks.

Reply to
jurb6006