Advice requested Whirlpool Duet Sport Washing Machine "popped"

I put the board in the washing machine, and it worked. Here is the summary for the next person.

  1. A power outage can fry your washing machine.
  2. If you get a Whirlpool F28 communications error (same as Kenmore F11 I'm told), then 99% of the time is is a fried Motor Control Board (I'm told).
  3. Remove the back plate of the washing machine & the lower brace to expose the motor control board
  4. Remove the upper cover of the washing machine to expose the main computer board.
  5. Look around. Blue wires are critical. So check the blue wires from the CCU to the MCU. Otherwise, remove the motor control board and check for burn marks.

If you see evidence of damage on the motor control board, just go buy a new one for around $200 at a local appliance store. (Whirlpool factory prices area about $320 and Ebay is as low as $50 but you have to be confident of the supplier).

Reply to
Danny DiAmico

Danny DiAmico posted for all of us...

What kind of detergent did you use?

--
Tekkie
Reply to

The rebuilt motor control board is still working great. So, the solution when you have the F28 communications error is to check the blue wires between the computer control unit and the motor control unit and to check the motor control unit for black burnt spots.

Reply to
Danny DiAmico

Multiple surges, depending on duration and surge strength can take their toll on any surge surpressor too. Including the panel install style. The panel surge surpressor does offer some protection, but, don't put all your eggs in one basket.

--
MID:
zip file but then not be able to unzip it so I can watch it. That

replying to Danny DiAmico, Kings wrote: Mine has the same problem. Whirlpool needs to do something about this mess.

Kings

Yeah, a ten year old washer breaks. Call the press.

What percentage of these fail? Even if 100% of them fail at the ten year mark, what's the problem? These days, 10 years of life from a major appliance is something to be lauded.

I have the same Duet Sport washer and it does a shit load of laundry, and other than an occasional need to remove coins, socks, or panties from the pump (accessible from the front), it's been no trouble.

Reply to
John-Del