ADT Security Alarm

hi I bought a house with a bespoke adt system put in by the previous adt employee house owner

is there any way in finding out the master control number without paying the earth to adt for someone to basically press my keypad

thankyou

--
albionard
Reply to

ADT charges $35 to reset the PIN. (This is done remotely, and doesn't require a technician.) However, if you're paying ADT for monitoring services, there's no reason they shouldn't do it for free. I found that simply screaming at them (really!) will produce the desired result.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

Each day, try a few, in sequence, until you hit the right one ??

I once did that with a locked combination padlock, and ended up with a NEW working padlock ...after some time.

Reply to
RobertMacy

I'd just like to know why my alarm panel can't keep time worth a lick!

Some days, it's up to 10 minutes fast or slow.

Reply to
thekmanrocks

better not be caused by an 'interrupt' driven system! Where during a poorly written segment of code during an interrupt, the uP forgets to update the counter.

Slow I don't get, but fast could be explained by external noise spikes appearing to be extra timing pulses. What about poor connections on the PCB itself going intermittent? That would explain both fast and slow. Just take a soldering iron to everything and see what happens.

Reply to
RobertMacy

Uhh, thanks for the explanation - a very good one at that - but having a te chnician come out is part of what you're paying for monthly. And I don't t hink they'd appreciate finding indications that ADT's property(alarm panels , sensors, etc) was tampered with.

Reply to
thekmanrocks

Depending on which ADT panel you have you may be able to use a a manual for an Ademco 1400 , (I think) series. Let me know which ADT panel you have an d I may be able to help you. Keep in mind though that even if you get it ru nning you probably won't be be able to have it monitored by someone other t han ADT. Lenny

Reply to
captainvideo462009