Adding a WiFi "receiver" in the barn (200 feet from the house) using spare Mikrotik radios...

Would this work to add a receiver to the barn 200 feet from the house?

Here is a photo of the equipment I am trying to make good use of.
http://i.cubeupload.com/v7mpPx.gif

This is mostly a question for guys like Dan Purgert or Jeff Liebermann who
understand the Mikrotik equipment better than I do.

A neighbor switched from one WISP to another about a year ago, where the
first WISP told him to keep the equipment, so the neighbor gave me this.
[1] Mikrotik RB750 wired router
[2] Mikrotik RB411 motherboard + 2GHz/5GHz R52n-m WiFi daughterboard
[3] Associated antenna & pigtails & POE & power supplies & weatherproof box

Normally I turn all my spare transceiver radios into access points but this
is professional CPE equipment which doesn't have a license to be an access
point.

To make good use of the Mikrotik router and radio, I'm wondering if I can
plug the router into the 120VAC outlet in the barn (which is about 200 feet
away from the house), and then use a short Ethernet cable from this radio
pointed at the house to pick up an access point from inside the house.

The range isn't in question because I can easily beam the access point in
the house for a kilometer in good conditions so the question is really
simply whether the setup works that way.

I've never set up a wireless receiver before so that's why I ask.
I'm sure I could buy a dedicated wireless receiver but that's not the
question here.

The question here is how to make good use of this free equipment by setting
it up as a wireless receiver, so that I could plug in a laptop at the barn
into the router when I want to.

Re: Adding a WiFi "receiver" in the barn (200 feet from the house) using spare Mikrotik radios

Yes, it'll work, but that's a high-gain antenna and it'll do better
with one at each end.   I've done a mile or two with a similar
antenna (back in the 802.11A era).   Didn't have clear line of sight (trees)
but aimed by compass bearing, and it worked for years.

The '411 will work best with a single, unspliced cable to the antenna,
so choose location carefully.   Grounding of the external antenna mast is
important.   Get some silicone rubber fusion tape to cover any connections
that are in the weather.

Site Timeline