Adcom parts needed (GFP-1A & GFT-1A)

Hello all,

I've got 2 vintage Adcom repairs here that I need parts for. Anyone got any parts units around?

One is a GFP-1A preamp that has a mangled input selector switch S4. The Adcom part number is PE-90386-02. It will NOT interchange with the record selector switch. Th original was mangled by a really bad attempt to clean it, and the contacts are bent and broken on one of the 2 wafers.

The other is a GFT-1A. While I've got the service manual, it does not include the schematic. I've got a GFT-1 schematic, but it is quite different than the "A" version. This unit has a bad detector transformer T102. Sorry, no part number, as its not mentioned in the manual.

Many thanks!, Tim Bristol Electronics snipped-for-privacy@bristolnj.com

Reply to
Tim Schwartz

Tim,

Is Adcom gone or are they not supplying parts for their older models? Thanks. Chuck

Reply to
chuck

Chuck,

I did contact the parts vendor Adcom mentions on their website, Affiliated Electronics in New Jersey. While I have no idea how extensive their parts inventory is, these units are 20+ years old, and they don't have them. Its why I was hoping another shop might have one in their junk heap.

Adcom is still around, or at least they have a web site, but I don't know any local dealers that carry them.

Regards, Tim

Reply to
Tim Schwartz

Thanks Tim. I still rarely get some old Adcom pieces to work on and it is nice to know that Affiliated is still around.

Reply to
chuck

I don't remember the number but bad trimmer caps were a problem in these tuners. Chuck

Reply to
chuck