Activate PIR xmtr

Some of us, not even that. Just hobbyists.

Typically, well-grounded in the practical, however.

And, I dunno, our neighbor has a garage door with a floor switch tied to hi s home-security system. It indicates on his keypad, and if he tries to arm with it open, it announces "Garage Door Open". I expect that two inches ope n = Open, but were I to bother with garage doors, I would want to know if it were open even a little bit.

Point being that this is an off-the-shelf device

Or, even one of those automated doorbells that rings several hundred feet a way when a door opens.

No muss, no fuss.

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
peterwieck33

his home-security system. It indicates on his keypad, and if he tries to ar m with it open, it announces "Garage Door Open". I expect that two inches o pen = Open, but were I to bother with garage doors, I would want to know if it were open even a little bit.

HS

away when a door opens.

That's a very similar magnetic switch to the one I installed. Only I placed mine at the top of the door, on the header. Magnet is on the door itself. A lesson learned is do NOT buy the cheap 50 cent plastic bodied magnetic al arm switches, buy the good quality switches as shown. Save yourself a ton o f aggravation.

Reply to
Terry Schwartz