About PLD dumping/reverse engineering

Hi all, ! As the tile says, I'm into reverse-engineering secured PLD in these days. Until now I've used with success the this PAL dumper:

It works most of time but it supports PLD devices up to 20-pin.Now I'd want to reverse secured combinatorial (registered ones are really hard..) 24-pin PLDs (like PALCE20V8H) which often I encounter on my PCBs. What would be your approach to this aim?Recreate equations by studiying PCB connections?Or brute-forcing the device trying all possible input combinations and logging the outputs (this is what the PAL dumper does, I presume)? My EPROM programmer has a vector test feature, maybe it could be useful in conjunction with the use of a logic analyzer? Besides, I came across this page where a guy clones some PAL using a simple device he built but also this support PLDs up to 20-pin:

Part-2%29&goto=prev

Do you think it could be easily adapted in order to dump 24-pin PLDs? I hope someone can help me. Thanks in advance

--

protezione avast! Antivirus.
Caius

days.

want

24-pin

PCB

in

simple

%28Part-2%29&goto=prev

If it is strictly combinatorial you could be OK, just as soon as it stores any state, and the more state it stores you are screwed. Not much 20 pin stuff stores state, most higher pin count devices do.

protezione avast! Antivirus.

Reply to
josephkk