A.C. capacitor source needed...

I need a A.C. capacitor for a small 1hp motor.

10uf @ 250v. dimensions 1inch across by 1-1/2 long. Anyone know of a source for this? TIA
Reply to
none

I'd try your local HVAC parts distributor.

minimize spam.  Our true address is of the form che...@prodigy.net.
Reply to
CJT

Try your local Air Condition & Heating supply store.

Cyrus®

Reply to
Cyrus®

You can probably get it from

it's where I get most of my surplus electrical and HVAC stuff.

Reply to
James Sweet

Electronic Surplus Inc. Phone: (216) 441-8500 Fax: (216) 441-8503

Mark

I'm stuck in the New Orleans area where virtually all the local sources are STILL closed up. I did have a go at the local Graingers with no luck. My only option at this time is to get it from an online source.

Reply to
none

e.g.

I've never dealt with these people, so have no feedback about their merits. But there are MANY other sources for such capacitors.

minimize spam.  Our true address is of the form che...@prodigy.net.
Reply to
CJT

Did you check usamfg.net? They sell online, you need an account but that's as simple as calling or emailing them to request one.

Reply to
James Sweet

Well.... usamfg.net sucks they are so lazy that their online cataloge is in pdf.

McM

What's wrong with that? Are you too lazy to read it?

minimize spam.  Our true address is of the form che...@prodigy.net.
Reply to
CJT

Well.... I like to think that it is a buyers maket.... I would not have to do a retailers work to buy something..... It´s not worth my time.... I dont care if something cost $2 more or less... time is money..... for my company I cost around $20 an hour and and my sparetime is rated even more.....

I´m sorry if I make any 3:rd world user angry, but this is my reality.

I would never pay standard retail for anything if i can´t get some service.

D> McM wrote:

McM

I guess I just don't see the problem with pdf files.

minimize spam.  Our true address is of the form che...@prodigy.net.
Reply to
CJT

Depending on the size of the pdf it can be a pain to load, epsecially if you're on dialup. I've also had problems with some later versions of pdf's not wanting to load with my version of adobe(acrobat 5.0) I can understand why some dislike having to deal with them online, I tolerate it for the sake of getting the manual or whatever when the only option before the net was snail mail and expensive fees. (I've also had pdf's on occasion not wanting to either load in browser or only wanting to load in browser. A pain when all you want is to have a look at a particular item on the schematic or parts list. Ditto if you actually want to download the entire repair/owner's manual.)

I''m retired so I've learned to be patient, other's are still on the clock though.

Reply to
none

So what? With prices like they have who cares? I have no affiliation with them but I've happily bought all sorts of HVAC stuff at rock bottom prices, $7 TXV's, $40 linesets, and my favorite are the $5 brand new rotary AC compressors which make excellent vacuum pumps. It wasn't until recently that they had a website at all, just a paper catalog chock full of cool stuff.

Reply to
James Sweet

So quit bitching about it and call up Grainger, that's what they exist for.

We're not talking $2 less though, in the case of a motor run capacitor I needed for my spa pump, try $33 less than the $37 which was the cheapest I found elsewhere, I can dig through a pdf for a 90+ % saving, you can't, so don't.

Reply to
James Sweet

Don't get me started on Grainger. They've cut their stock so that I haven't been able to get ANYTHING from them in at least 4 years.(Ditto for Johnstone as well.) Being the OP I'm still looking for this particular capacitor. A simple 10uf 250v A.C. capacitor shouldn't be that difficult to find, and wouldn't have been 25 years ago.

Reply to
none

I pointed you to a source quite a few days ago.

minimize spam.  Our true address is of the form che...@prodigy.net.
Reply to
CJT

Try this unit from Allied Electronics

Catalog # 591-0510 GENERAL ELECTRIC CAPACITOR 97F9002 CAPACITOR, MOTOR RUN, OVAL, 10uf, 6% TOLERANCE, 370 VOLTS $6.23 Ea.

Be aware that Allied has a minimum order value that you may want to consider before ordering.

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net  (Just substitute the appropriate characters in

DaveM

YES, I know all about that one.(have it on in my stock shelf as a matter of fact.) First off it's a big ass aluminum can starter cap for heavy duty AC motors, won't work for the tiny compressor motor I have,will most likely either not start the motor or will burn up the windings. what I need is a small solid state cap.(also works as a condenser soaking up surges to avoid burning the fine windings out. That big commercial cap won't do that.) What I have is a small finish compressor a Senco PC1010 designed for mini paint guns/air brushes and small air guns, the motor is 3/4 nominal output, 1hp peak. Hell that GE can is nearly as big as the motor itself and certainly wouldn't fit in the motor housing.(nor bolt comfortably on the outside even if it could work.) It's a simple ass little solid state(electronic) capacitor which 25 years ago could easily be gotten at any electronic supplier.

Here's the problem: Senco will absolutely NOT sell it direct.(unless I become a Senco dealer and buy at least 1,000 bucks of their merchandise for stock.) The nearest authorised parts dealer is four states away and only ships UPS. I live in the New Orleans area where UPS is running an Mongolian cluster f*ck with an average delivery time of 5 weeks. That is if they don't lose whatever you're having them ship in the first place.

If I didn't have a problem with the 6.99 that it cost I certainly do have a problem with the 8 bucks and change it cost to ship it. All this for a cap that in years gone by when one could actually get decent service would cost around .99 cents at most. (oddly enough I scanned through some older parts catalogs I had back in the warehouse and all listed said cap, and at reasonable prices. Yet all the up-to-date catalogs from the same jobbers don't list it at all. No longer a stock item.)

Reply to
none

Yup, and I went there and they didn't have it.

Reply to
none