8753C Battery?

We need a 5.5V lithium battery for the 8753C A9 CPU board. This unit is no longer supported by Agilent; anyone know of an equivalent battery? (mfr/part#)

Thanks!

Best Regards, Mark Buckles Harlan Labs San Diego

Mark Buckles/Harlan Labs

I stand to be corrected, but that doesn't sound like a lithium battery at all, it sounds like a 'supercap', which is a very large capacitor in a small package designed for memory backup purposes. The 5.5V rating is the clue- I don't recall seeing a 5.5V lithium battery/cell but that is a very common rating for a supercap. They are commonly shaped as a very squat electrolytic capacitor, in shrink tubing with markings printed on and radial mounted (ie, both pins underneath).

These are quite common items and easy to obtain in various values, typically

0.1F, 0.5F 1F etc (yes, that's FARADS!) They are charged by the board, and supply the backup circuit when power is removed.

If you can describe all the markings, or better still take a picture and upload it to your webspace, I can tell you for sure, but I think that's likely what you have.

Dave

Reply to
Dave D

I tend to agree with Dave D. 5.5V is not a normal voltage for any type of back-up battery I know but it is for a supercap.

See NEC/Tokin data sheet here

Ross Herbert