Subject Author Posted Replies

Altimeters vulnerable to G5
Will the old ones be declared obsolete and made available on the surplus market?

old-gnu repo
It seems when they moved files from gnu to old-gnu in recent months they confused MSDOS and WINDOWS and a lot of stuff supposedly for DOS (pdftex, emacs) actually requires WIndows. I tried wayback and...

Panasonic AG1980 Video Feed
Hello, I am having problems with my AG1980, I found it at a thrift store in perfect working order (around start of 2023) and its been in my basement for a little while, I powered it back on, cleaning...
3
3

Re: PIONEER CLD-59 Laserdisc Player, FUSE constantly blowing up.
Kurtis, your name keeps coming up regarding old Pioneer Elite Laser Disc Players. I read your advice about cutting the lead for the Varactor diode on the power board of CLD-59 player. I have one of...
2
2

Zip-cord in Britain?
Hello again, Is zip-cord legal in Britain? want to send an examination lamp to Ghana where the electrical system follows Britain. Is the NEMA zip-cord and switch legal in the 220 V system? Rewire?...
1
1

Distinctive Ring
I want to put three numbers on one line. I will have outgoing fax and voice modem calls during which I want call waiting shut off. Does verizon still ofer a service LIKE distinctive ring?
3
3

Sony Bravia xbr-55x850c six red flashes but then sometimes re-starts?
This thread comes fresh from where i was looking for a stand suggestion. Someone gave me this tv and i pugged it in to test. Suddenly after four days of (the screen) working properly, I connected to...
3
3

CRT long warmup time?
Any ideas as to what would cause a CRT to take 10mins to warmup before it displays anything? Maybe old capacitors? This thing is a 55 year old calculator. -John
5
5

Focus tension on old Zeiss microscope.
Hello, The focus adjustment knob from a Zeiss surgical microscope is in the photos here. I'd guess the scope was built in the 1950s or '60s. shorter setscrew here was in the knob when I began work on...
2
2

Re: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ TIME ZONE ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
https://calculator.date/ Time.In: Find the current time of cities and countries, calculate time difference. Time.In: Find the current time of cities and countries, calculate time difference.

Vestibule vs Veranda
I still don't get it. Here, in construction, you might hear: 'veranda' and 'vestibule'. I decided to look them up. ==================== " ... is that vestibule is a passage, hall or room, such as a...
1
1

Testing circuit breakers with a welder
I've been given a collection of residential service panel breakers and would like to check them to see if they trip correctly. They were in use before I got them, so they certainly close correctly,...
10
10

Service manual Radio Shack Pro-29 scanner 20-509
I'm looking for a service manual or schematic for a Radio Shack Pro-29 scanner model 20-509 scanner. I have searched all the usual sites and can only find the owner's manual. If anyone has the service...

microphone-free!!
This one and other wifi radios listed as microphone-free!! Apparenly the fear that your new radio will be listening to what you say has depressed sales, so now they are explicit: anyone have a wifi...
7
7

Where is the problem likely to be?
All my tv's run off a central location, which used to include cable but now has a DVDR with an amplified antenna that brings in my city and the next one. One tv is supplied a signal through a...
7
7