8 year old Sony XBR35 TV video cuts out after a while

My Sony XBR35 video cuts out now after some minutes of running, so I assume it's heat-related. It makes a noise just like when the video cuts in a few seconds after cold startup. What is the device that cuts it in on startup? I figure I'd start looking there with a can of freeze spray.

The service manual has very little text except for adjustments; I haven't yet waded into the pages and pages of schematics on the off-chance they might help me. The set weighs like 300 pounds so it's a real pain to take it somewhere.

Any suggestions?

Reply to
hillpc

The best suggestion you can get is to TAKE it "somewhere"...... as you found out, the service manual and schematics are of very little use to someone not experienced or knowledgable regarding televison repair.... there are virtually NO step by step troubleshooting procedures. Best Regards, Daniel Sofie Electronics Supply & Repair - - - -

Reply to
Sofie