Subject Author Posted Replies

Resistors invisibly failing
Gentlemen, Whilst trying to discover why there was no audio output from a 4W amp board, I noticed there was only 0.6V on the supply pin of the audio output IC concerned. There should have been 13.6V....
7
7

Retrain Keyless entry
The keyless entry to my car doesn't work, or rather it only works inside the car. I keep trying to retrain it by turning the key to ON several times. (once 5, then 7). I just had the starter replaced....
1
1

Tricklestar
A guy came by the house yesterday evening. I thought he was here to slam me, sign me up with an alternate electricity provider against my will. They do that here. But instead he was giving out free...
2
2

Is it AI or not
No one in popular news talked about AI 6 months ago and all of sudden it's everywhere. The most recent discussion I heard was about "using AI to read X-rays and other medical imaging". They have...
56
56

batteries leaked.
I have a tv remote that was working up until 3 or 4 days ago, and its batteries have leaked. I didn't think that was possible.
16
16

Ground fault switch aka residual-current device
Hi, You know this switches Spain, every house must have at least one protecting the entire house. Typically 30 mA sensitivity. Well, in some houses the thing seems to be temperamental and trigger...
24
24

Printer Technology Question (Maybe On Topic)
Hello, Just curious as to how a Dot Matrix printer moves the ink from a storage tank to the print head. I am referring to a printer such as a Epson Eco Tank Printer. It is NOT Gravity!! Is it some...
9
9

Security Cameras
How do I get my own Network to keep from having my home on the internet? Help; Kim
1
1

Studio Standard Fisher Amp.
Fisher EQ-272 Stereo Graphic Equalizer,CA-270 STEREO INTEGRATED AMPLIFIER, Am Fm Stereo Synthesizer Tuner FM-270,Stereo Double Cassette Deck CR-W48H Help, Kim
2
2

Studio Standard Fisher Integrated Amp.
Hi, how do I connect the vintage fisher amp. to my newer Sony receive Aux? Help, Kim
2
2

Re: Best electronic contact CLEaner
Contact cleaners - a moving target. When my wife and I were working in Saudi Arabia, I purchased Cramolin Red in the electronics souks for SR10 (about US$3) per 300ml pressurized can. In Saudi,...
3
3

Time Delay Relay or other something that is ON TOPIC!!
Hello, I thought I would post this question here to see if someone can assist. I have a outside flood light on the soffit at about 16 Feet AGL with a motion sensor that is mounted at about 8 Feet AGL...
16
16

IBM Model M Keyboards
1. If you spill coffee into one while it's powered and it stops working forever, is there any hope of repair? 2. What's the best new replacement?
7
7

High Speed USB 3.0 port repair
Picked up a portable hard drive. Header ripped off flopping around. Can this be reattached, easily, by someone skilled in this sort of thing or is it a "big deal"? Otherwise, my portable harddrive...
1
1

component ID help
Hi folks, I'm looking to identify what I think is a transistor, in a TO-72 package (TO-18 with four leads), in an old Victoreen radiation survey meter. The number is "ITS 30487". It's also marked...
4
4