42" Panasonic plasma TV model: TH-42PX60U dead

42" Panasonic plasma TV model: TH-42PX60U, year: Nov 2006, no power, no blinking or standby LED lights. The TV was on while this happened. Upon troubleshooting I discovered F401=3D8 amp ceramic time lag fuse to be open. From extensive googling after no obvious shorts in power supply using Fluke DMM model 29 series II. I found the following common repair tips:

Q406=3DN-ch MOSFET # RJK5020=3DPanasonic # B1DEKQ000003=3Dshorted R410=3D10 ohm, 5w ceramic thermal cut off=3DPanasonic # D1F5100E0003=3Dopen F401 & F402=3D8 amp ceramic time lag fuse=3D Panasonic # K5D802BNA005=3D on= e or the other open

well on this TV none of the above parts are defective except F401. According to a Panasonic service bulletin for a similar model:

they say to add a C426=3DECQB1H103JZ but on that bulletin it's if Q406 is shorted but not on mine and the board on the service bulletin is somewhat different than mine. I haven't yet replaced F401 or placed a

100 watt light bulb in place. But would like some tips before I proceed. Thanks.

Sidney=AE =99 Dartmouth, Nova Scotia Canada

Sidney
42" Panasonic plasma TV model: TH-42PX60U, year: Nov 2006, no power, no blinking or standby LED lights. The TV was on while this happened. Upon troubleshooting I discovered F401=8 amp ceramic time lag fuse to be open. From extensive googling after no obvious shorts in power supply using Fluke DMM model 29 series II. I found the following common repair tips:

Q406=N-ch MOSFET # RJK5020=Panasonic # B1DEKQ000003=shorted R410=10 ohm, 5w ceramic thermal cut off=Panasonic # D1F5100E0003=open F401 & F402=8 amp ceramic time lag fuse= Panasonic # K5D802BNA005= one or the other open

well on this TV none of the above parts are defective except F401. According to a Panasonic service bulletin for a similar model:

they say to add a C426=ECQB1H103JZ but on that bulletin it's if Q406 is shorted but not on mine and the board on the service bulletin is somewhat different than mine. I haven't yet replaced F401 or placed a

100 watt light bulb in place. But would like some tips before I proceed. Thanks.

Sidney® ? Dartmouth, Nova Scotia Canada

++++

open up the fuse and see if it failed gently (probably just getting tired in old age) or catastrophically so something else failing caused it to fail

Reply to
N_Cook

I have seen some Samsung models on which the fuse goes for no reason other than the fuse holder is defective - not rated for high enough amperage. The fuses are GMA size ceramic types. The holders in question are ordinary looking except they have a sort of black plastic case in which the actual metal holders are nestled.. There was obvious overheating - a discolored and crusty appearance to the metal, and the plastic was deformed sometimes even to the point of melting somewhat. A fuse should never get hot like that - it was the ohmic resistance between the holder and the fuse ends. A brand new supply from Samsung failed the same way within days. A solder-in pigtail type fuse solved the problem for good.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark Zacharias

snipped-for-privacy@a19g2000prj.googlegroups.com...

disp

bin/ho

thread/43940ce83231

Or lightly fuse it and cross your fingers.

--
Live Fast Die Young, Leave A Pretty Corpse
Reply to