Subject Author Posted Replies

Electronic service info ...
Is it just me, or does everyone else hate working from electronic service manuals? Yes, I know that it's very convenient to be able to download manuals from manufacturers, and to be able to trade them...
18
18

RCA 36V430T Chassis ITC008HYN turns on and off repeatedly.
howdy, I have this monster RCA that is possessed. It will turn on and then at random intervals will shut down and power back up. I have touched up any solder connections that looked cold, and verified...
3
3

DVD spindle motor RF300F - What does the D/V 5.9. mean?
I am trying to replace the broken spindle motor in a DVD player. Thsi is a Sony mech and the original part is RF300F, D/V 13. I have a scrap mech with a similar motor but with label D/V 5.9 ...Is this...
2
2

Temperature indication by effect on plastic part labels?
Valve amp with the three main lumps made by the same manufacturer and the same sort of 0.05 mm soft white plastic part labels on the outside , so PVC or polythene perhaps. Output Tx label as original...
3
3

Sony CFD-460
Hi, just just picked up a Sony CFD-460 and The AM/FM Works great on it, but the CD player doesnt work well. The electronic display works but it barely spins the CD for a few seconds and then just...

Need pinout for TEA1601T Philips IC
I"ve scoured the net, but cannot find a datasheet, pinout, or a schematic that uses this IC, which is a 16 pin surface mount power supply controller. I have a power supply that had two blown mosfets,...
3
3

Dying monitor
Dell-branded Sony Trinitron. Has been working wonderfully for many years up until now. It's starting to turn itself off; the relay clicks, the power light goes out and all goes dead. Turning it off...
8
8

Anyone familiar with a Mitsubishi DA-R35 receiver or AR11s?
My system became unplugged for about 6 months and wont restart easily: The receiver wouldn't start and just lay inactive for about three hours Everything was dead including the whole tuner section...
5
5

Use old speakers out of a Sharp stereo
I recently got some speakers out of a Sharp stereo. I have no idea what the model of the stereo is, but if it is any help, EASJ10P14B3 SPF1759A I was wondering how I would rig it for use as regular...
3
3

PWM to analogue
I've fitted a new fuel injection system (MegaSquirt) to the old car - the original was analogue and rather crude. It's working well but has an interesting side effect. There is an OBC which calculates...
5
5

kenwood rxd-m45 stereo - schematic?
Problem is that on connection, the green power led flashes and there is a click from the display etc. there is voltage on the small secondary power transformer in the psu. I'd like to check the rails,...
6
6

SMD Part Code
Hi, I have there a SMD Transistor (I think it's one) how seems to be defective. Hi is labelled with SKS39 see image Who knows the type how is behind the code? Thanks Hansjörg

Metalisation creep?
Why would a SMPS high speed Unitrode rectifier stud diode 1N5812 , 20 amp, fail sitting around in a normal human occupation heated environment for 10 years unused? Currently reads a stable 6.2 ohms....
15
15

Agilent E3633A DC Power Supply
Hi All, Hope someone can offer some advice here. I got a Agilent E3633A DC Power supply second hand from overseas. I swapped the line voltage to 230 for my country. The fuse in it currently is 6.3a...

RCA discretes as used by HP, 1977 , house code equvalents?
TO220 thyristor number, 64 240 and TO3 power transistor, 1854 97 67 bo www ref found
4
4