Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: proper pc packaging for shipment?
Please forgive the OT post, but this sort of relates to the group. I have a couple of Dell PC's I'd like to sell, but I am a bit concerned about shipping them and I am requesting suggestions for...
6
6

Bimetalic domes
As used in thermal switches. Instead of in form of a bimetal strip and continuous curving with temperature, these are 0.5 inch diameter and make a definite flip from concave to convex at a specific...
28
28

Bang & olufsen beomaster5000 servicemanual search
Anyone who has this manual ??? vintage beomaster 5000 service manual needed nitro2
2
2

ELBE E-15 tv with vertical/frame squeezing in
I'm currently trying to fix this ELBE 14" TV, chassis E15. On power up, all appears well, but after about a minute (less on subsequent switch-ons) the frame begins to twitch, then (relatively) slowly...
2
2

No sound output on abit IP35 Pro MB with Realtek Audio
OK, I know this isn't a real PC group but generally the people here are more knowledgeable. ;-) I was given a PC with an abit IP35 Pro MB with Realtek Audio which works in every respect expect there...
37
37

JVC XV-DDV1SLE harddisk recorder
Hello everybody, A couple of days ago I was watching a DVD on this HD recorder/DVD player when all of a sudden it stopped working. When I switch it on, all it does is flash a blue light on the front....

Sony Tv Wont Power Up
I have a sony KV34 HS 510 tv that wont power on . The protector circuit kicks out and stanby light flashes 7 times. Does anyone knowwhat would cause the above issue and how I could fix it? Thanks Dave
14
14

The car radio won't get AM unless one touches the antenna!
The car radio won't get AM unless one touches the antenna! An internet acquaintance who still doesn't understand Usenet bought a new radio for his Chrysler LeBaron, but AM reception was verrrrry low...
11
11

Antenna problem
I need to mount a directional antenna vertically polarized on a mast. The boom is about 9.0 feet long and the elements measure almost 6.0 feet across. The antenna was originally designed to be mounted...
16
16

TV's EHT wants to jump
Hi all, this little TV set (14" by philips, more than 20 years old) started some months ago to hiss, it was mainly a little EHT leakage from the junction between the LOPT and the ultor cable. It was...
2
2

RCA 36V430T Chassis ITC008HYN turns on and off repeatedly.
howdy, I have this monster RCA that is possessed. It will turn on and then at random intervals will shut down and power back up. I have touched up any solder connections that looked cold. I removed...
3
3

Diode ID RD56JB2
HI, just trying to confirm what this RD56JB2 diode is. Its a Zener, and I guess 5.6v? Cheers, Gareth.
3
3

thomson DTH-210 dvd player. Drawer/ load motor stays on
This DVD player has a strange fault. There is a motor which, via a belt, closes the drawer and, upon doing so, then raises the laser block. However, this motor does not switch off upon completion of...
5
5

sylvania model srt2027 vertical foldover
I need a schematic or good advice. I tried replacing some of the caps. c541 a 100uf and c578 a 47uf . i dont know what part of the curcuit these belong too, but they didnt look bad and they didnt fix...
4
4

RF signal mixing mystery
Hello.... I have a peculiar problem that I can't understand, so I can't reslove it I'm using a few CCTV cams into a 8 channnel DVR, and have tried to then piggyback the auxiliary composite signal...
5
5