Subject Author Posted Replies

Mitsubishi model CS26201 dark pix
The customer said that while they were watching the set they thought that they heard a slight pop. The picture then seemed to be a bit darker. I looked inside for anything obvious and didn't see...

CRT widescreens generally
After discovering how heavy the Rank Arena screen was, I've been looking around. Were all CRT widescreens so heavy they required two people to lift them? Indeed, were they all so big? What were people...
12
12

Searching for Philips 22AR584/00 service manual
Hi, It would be really nice if someone had a scan for me. TIA Reinhard

LiteON DH20AH4 - QP5B PC drive DVDRW All Write Lightscribe
Well the All Write was not alright. Would not load factory CDDA or DVD-RAM. Latest QP5B firmware. Would write and play DVD -R +R R/W and lightscribe just fine. Since this drive is only a couple months...
4
4

OT: printing PostScript files
This might be of use to those printing out PostScript-rendered documentation (schematics, manuals, etc). I've always had PostScript printers. They're particularly useful when producing documents that...
47
47

Piezo gas lighter
Self inflicted breakage. They are not made for the damp UK. I thought this new one (basic one not butane) I'd winterize before any use proper . Easy to take apart , in fact dropped apart, after...

Sylvania C6427TD service menu
Hello, Any one know if any service menu are available on Sylvania C6427TD tv set? I try holding any switch at power up without success. I am trying to adjust height and width, that is actually to...
3
3

wire and cable broker
I have 2900 feet of a 16AWG. specialty IMSA 19-6 direct burial rodent proof cable which is on a spool and left over from a job which I would like to sell. Does anyone know of a source such as a cable...
3
3

Help identifying dead electro. cap polarity?
This cap was removed from a 70's-80's German industrial machine: It has no polarity markings. One terminal is common with the metal case. Is this always an indication of the (-) terminal? The base has...
21
21

Hitachi 51S700 proj. tv - fan quit shutting off
I just noticed yesterday that the internal cooling fan (some teeny little whining fan in there, to cool a cpu chip or the circuit boards in general I assume) has stopped turning off when the set is...
2
2

washing machine repair - hotpoint
Fills up with water, just doesnt turn at all. Seems to be making some sort of clicking but thats it. Empties water at end. Any ideas? Motor problem?
19
19

Ashton GA80 guitar amp (Australia)
RoHS date of introduction for Australia ? Anyway 1/4 inch i/p socket too weak even for domestic use , breaking up in a few years ( within RoHS regime), no obvious datecodes except main electros seem...
7
7

Protection triac gated mains, on 600W power amp problem
Last week I confirmed that the over-temperature sensing cct worked and the triac cut the supply to the mains transformer. This is a Carlsbro S600M I can find no info on . I was running on a variac and...
15
15

Kodak Z650 6Mp digital camera
Owner put 9V on the 3.3V input, is there much chance of being VTS + fuse protection or rescuable similar or all active kaput?
12
12

Clamp meters: Peak vs. In-rush?
Fluke clamp current meters have 2 features that seem similar: peak and in-rush. The older models have Max (some: Peak). The recent advent in Fluke clamps is "In-rush". How do these differ? Isn't...
18
18