Subject Author Posted Replies

Ashton GA80 guitar amp (Australia)
RoHS date of introduction for Australia ? Anyway 1/4 inch i/p socket too weak even for domestic use , breaking up in a few years ( within RoHS regime), no obvious datecodes except main electros seem...
7
7

Protection triac gated mains, on 600W power amp problem
Last week I confirmed that the over-temperature sensing cct worked and the triac cut the supply to the mains transformer. This is a Carlsbro S600M I can find no info on . I was running on a variac and...
15
15

Kodak Z650 6Mp digital camera
Owner put 9V on the 3.3V input, is there much chance of being VTS + fuse protection or rescuable similar or all active kaput?
12
12

Clamp meters: Peak vs. In-rush?
Fluke clamp current meters have 2 features that seem similar: peak and in-rush. The older models have Max (some: Peak). The recent advent in Fluke clamps is "In-rush". How do these differ? Isn't...
18
18

NEC LCD TV LNT-30CW no colour
I was given this defective LCD TV. It had no working backlight. I located a faulty transformer, one of 8, and replaced it. Backlight is working now. However, the only way to get colour is when I use...
3
3

Printer Overhauls?
How are printer overhauls done? Sent it to some central location? Local guys subcontracting for computer stores? Users are on their own? I've got an HP 4000 whose rollers are gone and which is...
15
15

"shake" switch?
Hi, I've got a programmable remote that has a switch inside that is used to detect motion (i.e., to see when you have picked the remote *up*). It uses this signal to "turn itself on". Note that it is...
14
14

Fluke DMMs and VFD motor drives
The Fluke 289 has both a low pass filter and LowZ input impedance. But you get the annoyance of the short battery life and graphical display. Check out the new Fluke 28-II rugged meter, it also has...
3
3

toshiba CF2765K vertical deflection problem
howdy, I have a Toshiba TV model #CF2765K. It has sound and HV but no vertical deflection. I have a solid blue line 1/2+ thick in the middle with thinner lines on the top 1/2 of the screen, bottom 1/2...
4
4

VCR repair
Hi, I rescued a couple of "decent" (?) VCRs -- both of which need some work. They are: JVC BR-S378U Sony SLV-R1000 I haven't spent much time on either of them. The purpose of this post is to get...
4
4

Rank Arena Widescreen CRT
I bought this on Ebay for $5.50 on the off chance that I could fix it. It was described as having lost picture with a "pop", and with the observation that a TV repairman said it sounded like it could...
41
41

Pioneer CDJ800 laser current check
Hi, anyone know how to measure the laser current in the Pioneer CDJ800 Mk1? What is the generic method for measuring laser current, if there is one? Also, is it possible to simply replace the laser in...
1
1

Carver MXR 150 part I.D. or schematic
Hi there; I've got (I think) an early production Carver receiver, it has no listed model number except for a verification # BEY645. I believe i've ID'd it as a MXR 150 There's a shorted 2SA1302 output...

Mechanicals of Sony MZ R90 minidisc
There's a lot of useful technical stuff on all minidiscs on
2
2

More strange LCD distortion ...
Following on from my slightly OT post of a few weeks ago regarding the 'impossible' H linearity error that I saw on the Delta in-flight LCD screen, tonight, I saw another. This time it was on an LCD...
10
10