Subject Author Posted Replies

Power supplies with solid polymer caps
I have read that electrolytic capacitors are the least reliable component in power supplies. I have also read that there are motherboards with solid polymer capacitors. Are there any power supplies...
38
38

Another Manual Request ...
Drawing a complete blank on this one from all the usual manual sites and search engines. Anyone got the schematics for a Roland JC-50? Numbers on the PCB are "AP110" and "141-110" It dates, I believe,...
2
2

Toshiba 42HP66 plasma help please
Hello all, First problem is an audio technician working on a plasma set. Toshiba 42HP66 (made by LG?) Has sound but no picture at all. Found FS-2, a 4 amp "T" fuse blown on the "Y Sustain" board. If...
2
2

ZTF ribbon cable closure arrangements
If no one knows of a page out there showing pictures of the various types I will take pics of these new ones to me. You have to flip up a section that is pivotted, not at all obvious on first...
6
6

Actual search string search engine or general technique ?
2 surface mount SOT23 size with topmarks/ topcodes =JG ( SOT23-6) and LA= asuming the "=" is part of the code, impossible to search on as punctuation is ignored, even as "=JG" or ""=JG"" %3D%4A%47...
7
7

Urgent Schematic Request ... :-(
Due to an unfortunate 'accident' with a customer's NAD C320 amplifier, I am now in urgent need of shematics covering the output stages ... :-( Anybody help me out please ? Arfa
3
3

Samsung headset or earphone with volume control.
This Samsung part was given to me. Can anyone tell me whether it has a microphone beside the silver button? If I make a 2.5 mm to 3.5 mm adapter for the plug, is it likely to work with a Sony PSP?...
3
3

Who knows routers?
I got rid of my old Belkin router because it was slowing down my downloads. Now my new Wireless N router is doing the same thing. Throttles everything down to 150 to 200kbps. If I go directly into the...
12
12

7 segment display with 4 digits
Hello everyone, someone has the pinout of this four-digit display LFU-421-2003A 44A? The dsplay was dismounted from a VCR, I'd like to reuse it to build a clock or a timer-counter Thanks to all Hello...
5
5

Time for New Vacuum Cleaner ?
Hi, I was using my Eureka Boss vacuum cleaner when it started making a horrible flapping noise. Shut it off and started it again. Same noise. Took it apart, cleaned some hair out of the beater bar....
31
31

Vintage HP test equipment almost free
I have the following in generally very good to excellent cosmetic condition with guaranteed functional meter movements, but otherwise unknown condition: HP-431B Power Meter HP-431C Power Meter HP-415E...

Problem Grounding a Generator
I recently acquired a small portable back up generator for nuisance outages. Only paid $200 new. It is 2500 watts continuous, 3250 surge rated and no 220 volt outlet, so I won't be hooking it up to a...
22
22

400 hz tone from 32" LCD
Olevia (yeah don't laugh) 400 hz tone through internal speakers no matter what intput HDMI etc... but not when muted. Tone starts when you dim the CFLs. Has three settings for ambient room light...
19
19

Do I need a new Fluke clamp meter?
My experience is that there are true RMS clamp meters that measure current via max/peak method and newer meters that use the in-rush method (ie, Fluke 330 series). Accurate measurement of in-rush...
6
6

Computer problem: motherboard or power supply
The motherboard and power supply of my computer are about 6.5 years old. I have been having problems with it lately. It has been locking up and rebooting itself frequently. The most common problem is...
23
23