Subject Author Posted Replies

INA159 - where?
Hi All! Is there anybody who have got idea where can I buy INA159? I saw at: Farnell, Mouser, Digikey, Distrelec, Arrows, Avnet, Rutronik, Spoerle, Future, EBV - but nothing. I need 250pcs. Thanks in...
1
1

Toshiba 34HF85, M3U01T Chassis
This set suffered a power surge. The set switches on, produces a raster for a few seconds and shuts down. The SMPS is SOPS type. The theory of operation is not trivial. Regulation is from B+ through...
2
2

isolation transformer needed
I'm looking for an isolation transformer for repairing small (less than 1000W) power supplies. I see loads of them on ebay and some are medical grade and inexpensive. Are these usable for what I want?...
96
96

Samsung HP-4363W - Parting Out
After many fruitless hours of troubleshooting and replacing parts, I'm throwing in the towel on this thing - I can't justify spending any more time or money on it. All the defective parts on the...

ONKYO HT-R500 No display
Hi I have the above unit that has worked flawlessly until the weekend. Now there is no display. All functions work as far as I can work out without being able to see anything. All buttons work which...
1
1

Sanyo TV model HT32546, Ch. 32546-04 HV problem
This set came in for repair out of warranty. The customer who was referred to us by Sanyo said that he heard a "slight crackle" sound and the picture went to a small circle then the set went dead. So...
2
2

One more antenna question: Antenna pitch?
One more antenna question: Antenna pitch? That is, my attic has a pitched roof and the antenna for channels 7 to 60 that I'm thinking of now is almost 13 feet long. It would fit more easily in the...
23
23

Does it matter if the tv antenna points one way, or 180^ the other?
Does it matter if the tv antenna points one way, or 180^ the other? You guys, especially Dave, have convinced me that I need a better (and thus bigger) antenna more than I need an amplified antenna....
8
8

Thandar TA2000 Logic Analyser
Just bought one of these and it seems to work just fine, and has got the user manual and pods. What it lacks is a Service Manual and option ROMS. TTi have, much to my amazement, got the Service Manual...
2
2

PHILIPS Tv chassis EM3E-AA : what's this component?
widescreen philips tv with burnt component: looks like a thermal/resistive device, NTC or PTC, it is connected in series with the line transformer and the scan coils. I can see some text on an...
5
5

How does crimping work?
The obvious answer is that you bend the metal of the connector so that it holds the wire in place. This doesn't seem very satisfactory. Metal always retains some flexibility, even when bent beyond its...
75
75

Packard Belle EHR2080
Hello everyone, I have a problem with a DVD recorder from the Packard Bell, the model is EHR2080; This device has a manufacturing defect on the block which receives signals from the remote control, I...
2
2

Charging Sub C (mini C) batteries
Hello: I currently own an Ansmann 8 smart charger. It will charge NiCd batteries, but my question is can I charge NiCd Sub C (mini C) batteries in this charger, safely? I'm assuming Sub C are just...
18
18

Identifying old diodes and transistors.
I was going through some old diodes and transistors I had bought in bulk around 1996. At the time they were put in ziplock bags and the bags marked. Unfortunately over time, the markings faded, and...

antenna trimming?
Thanks for the helpful replies about the car radio that would only get a couple AM stations. The guy ignored my advice about trimming the antenna, and just bought another antenna, even though the one...
35
35