Subject Author Posted Replies

Cassette tape speed adjustment
Assuming my test tape is stretched (I doubt it , as it would have to be even stretch the whole length). I normally test speed monaurally so the beats are unmistakable. That is 1KHz test tape output...
29
29

Static When Capturing VHS Tapes
I am encountering static on pre-recorded VHS tapes that I am capturing into Final Cut Express. The recorded audio usually sounds great. The static is on top of it. Here are details: I have two VCR's...
10
10

Brother HL-1440 fixing roller
Hi Does any one know what to use to clean the fixing roller on the Brother HL-1440 laser printer? There appears to be some shiny substance on it that causes the toner not to stick to the paper and...
1
1

UPS batteries
Hi, I don't have anything other than "gut feel" to resort to as evidence but it sure *seems* like most UPS designs EAT batteries! We rarely have outages here. So, there is no real draw on the...
56
56

F-type HDTV booster antenna
I have a SUpersonic portable HDTV with inconsistent reception. If I got an amp or another antenna, I'd have to spend forever finding the right (f-type) connector. I've seen both amps and booster...
2
2

Universal remote wanted for Panasonic DVD recorder EUR7721X10
Does anyone know how I can identify which universal remotes will work with my Panasonic VHS/DVD recorder please? It takes an EUR7721X10 which I need to do something called FINISHing off the DVD-R...
3
3

Prima Q2700 Weird color issues.
Hey, so I'm no techy, or anything of the sort, but I thought I'd help my Girlfriend out and fix her grandma's tv, thinking it'd be a quick fix. Here's the issue. The blue on the tv is gone, but not...
4
4

Eizo Monitor repair
I have an Eizo L565 flat screen monitor. It dates from around 2002 and is a high quality display particularly suited to photographic editing which is why I bought it. It has new developed a dark patch...
2
2

How can I switch easily from the DVDR in the other room to the set-top box in this room?
To watch tv in this room, how can I switch easily from the DVDR in the other room to the set-top box in this room? All but the last bit of wiring is in place already! 1) My first plan was to use a...
1
1

Which is it, RG59 or RG6?
I hope you guys can help me again. I gather from posts here that RG6 is better than RG59, is that right? Could the use of of RG59, 33 feet, for at least one tv be responsible for my bad reception on...
38
38

Thermal switch for BGW 750C
I am looking for two thermal switches that control the fan speed. They are normally open and close when things get toasty thus speeding up the fan. The problem is that they are permanently open....
3
3

SMP identification: please help!
Hello, I'm asking for help with identification of three sm devices. 1. Q1, marked "I GE": probably N-channel JFET _ 2. D2, marked "A 7": diode or BJT used as a diode _ 3. Q2, marked "M 5": probably...
3
3

Story: Fixing Some Digital Projection Clocks
I found both of these Hoyle Model # 7770 clocks hiding in my grandfather's basement and in need of repair: Maybe someone else will find it interesting. If not, sorry that I bothered you. I am getting...
1
1

RCA 20F420T Shuts Off and On
This is a strange one... the set comes on and works normally for a few minutes, then starts turning off and on at random. It goes through it's screen wipe effect each time, which suggests that...
6
6

Normal/expected temp rise of a 600 watt mains transformer
In a closed steel case, no air cooling ( fan air is ducted only through the power amp heatsink ) and no passive/convective vents. Torroidal structure, no inherent saturation current with open...
5
5