Subject Author Posted Replies

Isolating Transformer
I was working on an CRT TV using an isolating transformer. I happened to measure the voltage between the chassis 'dag' and a nearby metal fixture and was surprised to find 75Vac. Without the...
6
6

Christmas ghost/mystery story - not OT
Kustom KPS PM300 mixer amp , 2005, owner lent to a church for some do and came back intermittant failure on both channels , now dead. There is some distinctive greyish chopped strand fibre laying...
5
5

Motorola supplementary TO3 stamp codes
I can't say I'd noticed them before today Is there a cross-reference anwhere ? not necessary this time but if the printed marking is faded/damaged/burnt/ground off, another time A batch of 1988...
11
11

Philips FL1.10
This Philips TV model FL1.10 goes to standby when switched on - after a brief flash from the LED displays. I'm guessing the SMPS is shutting down due to a fault elsewhere. Any likely cause?
15
15

Sharp 26" LCD HDTV LC-26SH12U Backlite dies after being on a couple of seconds
Was working fine until recently, the back light seems to be shutting off. After turning on the tv, the screen will light up for about 1-2 seconds then it will shut off and become black, but the tv...
5
5

AC Adapter questions...
Hello, I have this fiber optic christmas tree and it is missing the AC adapter. The tree requires a 12 volt 2 amp AC adapter. I have a 12 volt 1.2 AMP AC adapter from a mini TV that fits and powers up...
13
13

Marshall amp limpet knobs, uk ?
How come I cannot seem to find a UK supplier of the standard gold/copper capped domes ? I'm not talking e-bay apparent/scam suppliers , I may as well mould my own. They are not undercut so could not...
15
15

Use different size wire in electro clutch?
The coil in an industrial electromagnetic clutch (connecting the flywheel to the drive mechanism) has gone open-circuit. So it is being rewound by a motor rewind shop. I was just informed that the...
72
72

AIWA LCX-AC1mini system, tape amp problem
this AIWA LCX-AC1 stereo works in all modes but cassette. when play is pressed you get a thunderous crackle and hiss. This unit does not have thre traditional rec-pb slider switch, which is usually...
8
8

CB transceivers
I chuckled to myself as I pondered this problem -- it reminded me of similar math/logic problems as a kid that also seemed "unsolvable" (on the surface). So, I'm looking for a similar twist to solve...
12
12

Kenwood Major - how to remove the large pulley?
Hi I have a Kenwood Major mixer on which the planet hub cog is mashed; I've managed to get the requisite spare part from Kenwood but since the version I have is obsolete (after 5 years, for crying out...
4
4

What's this kind of terminal called?
is an inverter. If you select the second picture, you'll see the DC input terminals. They unscrew so that a spade terminal such as this can be connected But what's the term used to describe the...
10
10

Almost free old HP Power Meters for Parts or Repair.
HP-431B and HP-431C, generally good cosmetic condition, power up and meter works, no probes or power cords. $10 for one, $15 for both + shipping from zip 19004. Else they go on the curb.
1
1

2SC3280/81 yamaha MX1000
I am working on a old Yamaha MX1000 power amp. Each amp channel has 3 2sc3280 and two 2sc3281. ditto for the 2A1301/1302. It appears this is some sort of cascode output topology with the higher...
4
4

Four questions about actual antennas and their installation
I've made great use of which I think I learned about here, and it seems to say that I would have to go at least 50 feet high -- much higher than I had in mind -- just to get 2 to 4 stations that I...
5
5