Subject Author Posted Replies

Connecting 2 PCs modem-to-modem
I know it can be done, but am having trouble making it work. The idea is to connect 2 PCs directly through their modems. Not cable modems, ordinary 56K modems. I call it my "Poor Man's Network". I've...
16
16

Teac CD-P1260 CD player intermittent
I have a Teac CD-P1260 CD player that has had very little use and no abuse, and now doesn't play. It was bought 2 1/2 years ago, placed in an equipment closet and not moved until now, and has been...
9
9

Seeking schematic: Astec PSU BM200-3601 (HP OEM)
Hi, I have a faulty PSU from HP Apollo 735 workstation. HP P/N is 0950-2081. Astec P/N is BM200-3601. PCB numbers are 042-51701705C and daughterboard 06904A. Are schematics obtainable? --Toby

Free service manuals? for 37lg3000 LCD TV
Hi everyone. Anyone know where I can get a free service manual for the LG 37LG3000 LCD TV? When I power it up, the red LED brightens 3 times at 1 sec intervals before finally going blue, with no...
3
3

Acoustic Solutions LCD26761HDF (17MB12 chassis Vestel)
I've got this LCD tv with a blank white screen with sound ok. I checked the LVDS cable and that is fine. I connected a colour bar signal and can see the bars faintly just behind the white screen. What...
3
3

Lacie D2Control Rev1.3
Hi, I'm trying to repair a power module. Q5 is dead and D1 too. D1. I think a wrong power supply was connected to the Lacie. D1 is in reversed position between + 5 or + 12 V and the GND. It'is not...

Looking for phono sockets on Marantz ST610
Anyone know where I can find a set of these please? There are two sets and the output one has stopped working so I changed it for the oscilloscope one. It screws out very easily and the contacts pull...

Sharp CD-BA3100 Stereo System, Turn Off Demo Mode
Hi, A relative's Sharp Stereo model CD-BA3100 stereo has that annoying display (demo) when turned off. The owner's manual is missing and I searched for one at without results. Does anyone know how to...
2
2

Magical cases
Happy New Year! (more or less) Well, I started the year off fighting one of those notorious "plastic cases". You know the kind: you *know* there's a SIMPLE way to get it open but you'll be *damned* if...
6
6

Hazards of repair
I especially like the radioactive turntable.... bob
28
28

How to size capacitor for capacitor run fan motor
I have a small single phase blower motor which requires a capacitor for running (not starting). The motor nameplate says that I need 7.5 microfarads. I have a pair of 5 microfarad caps in the shop. I...
12
12

What cables to connect computer to TV 100 feet away?
Hi, I want to connect the video and audio of my computer to my DVDR, so that I can watch webtv in a comfortable chair via my television, instead of sitting at my desk chair. Is it a big problem that...
4
4

More on Sony KV-1380R with shrinking picture
Just saw the picture shrink and the HV drop from 25KV down to 20KV. Found what appears to be the regulator, which appears to have already been replaced and will have to find the output terminal and...
8
8

convert optical spdif out to analog video
Anyone know if this will work to convert optical out of an HDTV to an old style stereo receiver via "conventional" rca cables. I assume 12vdc can be supplied thru an old atx power supply. Thanks
3
3

IR remote
Upon trying to use my Panasonic portable DVD player (DVD-LS90) I noticed the remote control has no effect on the unit. The battery is good and makes good contact. Is there a easy way to determine if...
11
11