Subject Author Posted Replies

Subwooferss, Amplifiers, Enclosures
I started a log on subwoofers and I'm inviting everyone with knowledge on subwoofers to read and comment on it.

size capacitor for a fan motor
Hello -- I have a Patton air circulator: Model 1010MP Style SH-74SP-R 120V 60 Hz 350W 3.8 Amps. This is a metal pedestal fan with about a 30" blade diameter. The company that bought Patton does not...
3
3

Question for old-timers re: Simpson meters
Hi, As some of the guys here know, I presently collect old analog multimeters. I recall a picture I saw several years ago of a "wall" of Simpson meters - maybe 50 or more, used to demonstrate...
18
18

Projection tv picture went out
I have an Akai PT5598HD 55 inch rear projection CRT television (made by Samsung). The other day, the screen suddenly went blank. Everything else (channel, input, sound, etc.) works perfect. Any self...
17
17

Maybe flatscreen TV is ok, after all ...
Most on here are well aware of my general hatred of the dreadful pictures that most flatscreen (LCD) TVs produce, and the even worse situation when you stick them on a DTV signal. So I surprised...
53
53

continuity tester ?
hi, any body got links or schematics for a continuity tester for automotive use ? preferably simple design with audio and visual indication , voltage detection would be a bonus !! mark k
8
8

Toshiba lap top problem
I know you have to make sure the battery is in the computer before it will boot. Does anyone know of a way around this? I have a toshiba lap top that is about 5 years old, and it won't boot. I did try...
28
28

Fan Motor ID ?
Hey, a good customer of mine brought in an insertion blower fan unit for a wood stove which is non functional. Rather than pay another $200 plus to replace the whole blower unit (again, 3rd time), I...
11
11

heh
Kenmore High Efficiency front loading washer 5 months old turns itself on. Been hearing a jingling noise from the basement but only after the furnace had been heating for a couple minutes. Went down...
1
1

Magnavox VCR/DVD MWD2205 Changing Output to Channel 4
Hi, I have a relative who moved recently and asked me to hook up her Magnavox VCR/DVD model MWD2205. Note: The owner's manual is lost or mis-placed. After I hooked it up, and set the date/time, etc.,...
8
8

cadmium contamination
bob
9
9

using other things in place of STP4NK60Z MOSFET
Am working on a 14" vestel 11AK36 TV. Was dead, chopper mosfet s/c and a 2R2 resistor o/c. chopper is STP4NK60Z ( . I was looking in my spares drawer and couldn't find one, but came across these: -...

CCFT dummy loads
has anyone constructed a dummy test load for testing CCFL high voltage power supples? I have been running into more of these and would like a quick way to load the inverter to see if its working, or...
3
3

How add aux connector for iPod to car radio?
I bought a 97 Civic recently, with a stock stereo. This unit has an option for a separate CD player, which plugs into the back of the factory stereo. I would like to use this connector to plug an iPod...
8
8

Speaker surround replacement
I have two sets of 20 year+ old speakers where the foam surrounds on the woofers have deteriorated and are falling apart. One set is Boston Acoustics A60s and the other is Advent Legacies. These were...
1
1