Subject Author Posted Replies

Sanyo DP26648 television, white screen.
This Sanyo DP26648 television powers up with a white screen. Looking through the archives, it has been reported that there is a defective ribbon cable that causes this problem. One specific report...
5
5

Dishwasher not swishing: circulation pump gets no power
Hi, Here in England, I have a Beko "DE 2541 FX" slimline dishwasher that stopped working properly... just before Christmas. When I press the button to start the cycle, the machine drains and then...
26
26

Sony PS-LX510
Is there anyone who might be familar w/ this turntable? Problem w/ sticking linear tracking tonearm. I cleaned the dust & dirt off the rail but may need to lube it. What do I use? Also, a source...
8
8

Shadow on LCD TV
My 3-4 year old Samsung LCD TV has developed a shadow on the RD side of the picture- it's blobby. It only rally shows against bright primary colours (eg: it looks worst on the The Simposons) and isn't...
9
9

Lionel 646 engine repair question
This may be the wrong group to post this question to however I was hoping that someone familiar with my problem may read this and be able to offer some advice. I have a 646 Hudson steam engine that I...
17
17

Need Help With TV
I have a Philips TV model 32MF505W/17 that has no sound. Something popped and smoked and when the sound stopped. The picture is still fine. I've taken off the back and took off the center metal cover....
28
28

Philips Car Radio/Cassette Player 22AC804/22
Hello I'm looking for a downloadable schematic diagramm and/or some repair hints. The box playes cassettes but not radio. The cassette modul has an output signal indicating whether the cassette is...
1
1

iHeater bull
They say cut your heating bills in half. But this will cost you 600 a year for 8 hours a day or 1200 a year for 16 hours a day if you pay 14 cents a kilowatt. How many elderly will get sucked into...
1
1

Remote USB over ethernet / IP
Hi, I need to virtualize a linux box which is connected to a weather station ovvia usb. Unfortunately I won't have USB access from a virtual machine. Hence I need to get an ethernet to usb converter...
3
3

CFL's and power factor
bob

Elfin Safety
Anyone else ever burnt a hole in their kecks, from a drop of superglue dripping on them ? Heat build up from fineness of threads or chemical make-up of the cloth?
8
8

Testing Nicad/nicd or NiMH cell ESR or SLA Gel Cell Battery Internal Resistance
I've been doing a lot of reading wrt battery cell testing, but have only seen one (affordable, reasonably priced) recommendation for testing rechargeable cell ESR.. the Bob Parker ESR Meter. (near the...
29
29

Beginning To Bug Me!
I live in the northwest and I'm wondering if any one else has had this same problem: I get lazy and sometimes leave audio and videotapes lying around for a while-- when I go to pick them up, sometimes...
8
8

Finding a good, honest TV repairman
I have a 32 inch (CRT type) Quasar TV that has something wrong with the vertical drive circuitry. The TV is about eight or nine years old. The picture is normal horizontally but it is not full height....
27
27

CRT monitor repair
I have this Commodore 1950-B multisync monitor. It is a rebranded AOCCM314 monitor. A bit atypical of the era, it could sync from 15KHz-35KHz continuously (no click-clunk relays selecting caps), and...
6
6