Subject Author Posted Replies

video processor VDP3116B line sync failure
[repeat post for a new thread, i.e. without mistaken references] Hello! A ten year old color TV set of mine with vacuum picture tube has recently lost its horizontal synchronization: the display shows...
2
2

High-pressure sodium vapor lamp failing
I am trying to troubleshoot a high-pressure sodium vapor lamp which does not light, in spite of there being 120V AC available in the socket and a new bulb installed. Posting a pic of the ignitor to...
5
5

Services (low cost) for measuring "off the shelf" calibration standard resistors, capacitors and inductors to 0.1% ?
I would like to buy my own "off the shelf" set of resistors, capacitors and inductors (5-10 of each type) and send them out to be precision measured at a "typical" room temperature (recorded), the LC...
4
4

Digital TV blinking
I've been observing a phenomenon that's puzzling me. I have an analog TV connected to a DTV settop converter (Zenith DTT901). For the most part, it works fine. But every so often the program I'm...
10
10

Toshiba portable DVD player
Hi, A friend dropped off a Toshiba SD-P1900 portable DVD player for me to look at. No mechanical sign of life -- power indicator successfully illuminates to indicate charging vs. charged. Backlight...
7
7

Do you think splicing 100' of wire onto a GTO exit wand would work?
I bought too short of a driveway-gate exit wand (GTO FM139 = 50 feet); I need 150 feet. Nobody told me (so I'm saying it here), one really needs about 150 feet if they want the driveway gate to be...
71
71

USB Cable with Aluminum Shield Braid
I was fixing a mutilated cable for a friend's portable music/video player with a weird connector at the device end. So I figured if I could get the connector shell open, I'd just use a new USB cable...
4
4

WNTD: Service man or just schematic for SONY AVC-3200 video camera
Howdy all- Anyone have a service manual or just a schematic for the SONY AVC-3200 video camera? This camera is very old -- from around 1970. I'd very much appreciate a scan of just the circuit...
2
2

T-shooting MP3/CD player and TV/DVD player with similar problems
I have a portable cd/mp3 player that started acting erratically, before it appeared to stop working. It would fast forward, or stop for no apparent reason, almost as though someone were controlling it...
1
1

Tek TDS420 help?
This scope has the famous "FAIL ++ Acq" error which points to the infamous failed (and leaking) SMD caps on the acquisition PCB. I'm moving on to troubleshoot another (unrelated, I think -- and hope)...
18
18

Faulty dehumidifier
I have a portable dehumidifier (Wickes own brand; I think it's a compressor model?) about 18 months old which has stopped working. The humidistat appears to be working in that if you turn it up, it...
17
17

HP 8640b replacement combination gears are available on E-bay
They are resin casted clones for the combination gears for the range and peak deviation module of the HP 8640b signal generator. They are NOT original spares intended as a replacement of HP part/no...
3
3

Re: Cassette tape speed adjustment
of definite using complain there the Obviuosly, flutter 3000hz do the quartz my A rather belated follow up, just got the representative measurements back from the mechanical engineer. 1.99 +/-0.01 of...

File this book under "Fiction".....
Well, it's certainly fiction now......
2
2

Philips model #32HFL5460S/27 no picture
I don't have experience with these flat panels (have worked on regular tube sets for about 5 years), so I'm hoping for a little help. This set powers on, and you briefly see the philips logo on screen...
12
12